Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed a cold air intake (CAI) system off of the newer 02-04 mustang GT's onto an older 99-01 mustang GT. The reason I ask is because I have done this and its really easy. So, if no one has an installation thread I could do so with pics and everything. I believe its a good mod to do because you can get a bigger 85mm MAF for your car thats aftermarket. The biggest CAI system I have seen for the 99-01 GT's is 80mm unless your going with a forced induction set up. Any comments on this idea or information and feedback for this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
They are the same. Only difference between those years are whether it was a romeo or windsor block. Which only affected the number of bolts for valve covers for the most part. Flywheels and belt tensioners were also different. The air intake is the same and what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever. end thread/

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
99-early 01 have a temp sensor that plugs into the intake tubing, only differense as far as that is concerned.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
99-early 01 have a temp sensor that plugs into the intake tubing, only differense as far as that is concerned.
This ^^^^.
No write up needed. No bigger MAF needed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the negativity lol, it was just a suggestion and yes the differences are that the AIT and MAF are not wired into the same plug and I have seen some crappy jobs done by some. I just figured maybe people would want to know how to make it look stock rather than hacked up. So it makes perfect sense there Froush lol. I know that they are pretty much exactly the same its just the wiring for the the two sensors that make it different. Anyway it was just a suggestion to make something look cleaner on the installation side of things. Sorry it may not have been up to some of your MM standards lol.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The MAF is 80 mm on all '99 through '04 GTs...

·
Registered
982 Posts
They are the same. Only difference between those years are whether it was a romeo or windsor block. Which only affected the number of bolts for valve covers for the most part. Flywheels and belt tensioners were also different. The air intake is the same and what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever. end thread/
maybe ops not so sure what could be helpful in contributing to the forum. Contribution is what makes this sight so helpful to begin with. So, thank you Op, but there is more than enough info here on CAI an all other bolt on PA's. That being said, ^ you forgot T45/T3650, and MAINLY "only one that somewhat applies" the all plastic intake on 99-01 Mr. Know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts