Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a c&l racer and i personally think the heat sheild that came with it is flimsy. Any tips to make it better. Another option i have thpught about is using a jlt heat sheild. I have looked at it onli e and they you can use it with other cais but may need modifaction. What do yall think will it be better or the same.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one from steeda and it's just a thin sheet of metal and a gasket that had to but cut to fit and doesn't stay on well so I'm guessing you got the same quality I got.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Yeah I'm not really liking the shield on mine either.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Haven't had any issues with mine yet, flimsy as in it bends or it shakes? Because if is just shakin you know your supposed to anchor it to the abs lines with zip ties right...

·
Registered
176 Posts
my granetelli set up started squeaking after about 2 months took me 3 weeks to find it. ended up dropping a self tap screw threw it to the inner fender, hidden under the filter. been fine for 2 years now. :D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i dont really get what the "heat" shield is really shielding. its not shielding heat. the heat is still trapped under the hood.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
The JLT 110mm I have feels nice and solid... The heat shield is nice and thick. Doesn't really move around that much. ?? iono.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
i dont really get what the "heat" shield is really shielding. its not shielding heat. the heat is still trapped under the hood.
I don't either. I'm pretty sure they're not meant to be "Cold" air intakes. It's more of a "Mass" air intake.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i personally think the "heat shield" is just a way for them to mark up the price.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Slater... Please get with the Photoshop whiz kids and have them make a nice sig for you. You're car is too pretty...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Slater... Please get with the Photoshop whiz kids and have them make a nice sig for you. You're car is too pretty...
sorry guys. i will get it fixed. im been meaning to teach myself some stuff on photobucket. once i get new exhaust on today and get her washed for car show i may play around

thanks for the compliment KING

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i feel like my jlt heat shield is waaaay too small and doesnt block anything...
if you think about it, what does a big shield do? unless the filter would be totally enclosed by something, its still sucking in heat. its just getting sucked in from around the shield. hell, put a piece of aluminum foil around it and poke some holes in it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts