Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm wondering if this CAI would require a tune? Without one how likely is it to cause my car to run lean and cause problems?

SR Performance Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Also, is it significant that there is a lot of condensation on the engine around the CAI after driving, and should I be worried that the water will get in the engine?

Thanks!

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Well yeah water should not be in the engine, you might want a tune got better gains

03cristian

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Don't worry about the condensation, but I'd go with a different CAI unless you just want it for looks, those chrome ones retain a ton of heat, doesn't really help that much IMO. A tune would be nice but it needed for a CAI on your car.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hey I'm wondering if this CAI would require a tune? Without one how likely is it to cause my car to run lean and cause problems?

SR Performance Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Also, is it significant that there is a lot of condensation on the engine around the CAI after driving, and should I be worried that the water will get in the engine?

Thanks!
On the New Edge V6's, you don't necessarily need a Tune to run this CAI. You'll see some significant gains if you do get a tune, but you can most likely get away with out it.

The Condensation you're seeing on the engine is pretty normal when its cold out. That will evaporate really quickly once the car is started!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts