Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought a cold air intake from this guy and he forgot to give me the sensor gasket, so i just connected the sensor to the intake pipe without the sensor gasket in between. would i really need to get the gasket or can i just leave it like how i installed it? or can i just use gasket sealant?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You need a gasket, just go to your loca auto parts and buy a roll off gasket maker, it should cost around 5-8 dollers, then just cut your own gasket out, its very simple.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You should probably use a gasket. There is a reason they have them and that reason is to make a good tight seal. You don't wan't any dust/dirt/moisture getting into your engine do you?

Do as above, go to Kragen or whatever and just get some gasket material and cut your own. Don't be ghetto and use sealent.....make a real gasket.

If you don't have the time to do the job right at first then when are you ever going to have the time to fix it?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
agreed, you do not want to damage your engine. you could probably even just buy one for under ten bucks.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
good idea. and congrats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts