Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i cant decide on my own because i want both but right now i have about $900 bucks to put in the car this summer. I am only 16 so there will be way more to come. Do you think i should go with a JLT cai from american muscle plus an sct tuner with bama tuning OR should I go with dual exhaust (pypes violators) and rear facia. With the tune and cai i can do more stuff sooner than if i got duals but i want my car to sound better. What do you all think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eventually i will do all three but i don't have enough right now. and ya im pushing more towards the tuner as of now. better bang for the buck!

·
Banned
610 Posts
^^^ What he said.
I would forget the CAI all together because they really don't do much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want to do that,:( but i have to buy a rear facia for duals and that combined with exhaust is like 900 bucks which is all i have :(

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
For the exhaust, will you be installing it yourself? Also, why not just cut the bumper and save bumper money? That way you will be right about at $900 for cai & tuner, and exhaust. My bumper is cut, and that is free :)

Edit: Please do a good job and be careful, using the right tools. Don't use scissors like someone with a New Edge v6 did and hacked his bumper to ****.

As long as you know how to find a deal. Without getting scammed.

;)

But with the 4.0, you should get the cai and tuner together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no my friend owns a shop so ill be doing it with him. and i thought about the bumper cut but im afraid it will look bad and if i mess up ill have to get a new rear and re-stripe it. can you post a pic or your duals?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts

Driver's side is the part that was cut.

I need to adjust the passenger side down a bit because I get soot on my bumper :mad:

Cheddars, until the 2011 models, manuals have performed better than autos. I have more mods than gerbig, but when we raced (hypothetically ;) ) we were neck and neck....until he missed 3rd. Though I did have a lot more wheel spin on take-off. My auto vert vs his coupe manual. Weight definitely played a factor.

·
Registered
398 Posts
if u want a mod that u can feel a slight difference with a little sound go for cai+tune. if u want a mod that u can be heard and ppl will look at u go for exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I remember a couple years ago when I was 16 and all I wanted to do was to get my car louder....you should get the duals, I think you will enjoy them over the CAI+Tune.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Go out and get all three done. i live in the most expensive area in the United States and it can be done here. The CAI and dyno tune will be $575.00 and the exhaust will be $300.00 done with purchasing mufflers and mid pipe + installation costs. NO PROBLEM~`~-~

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i say for the time being get the CAI+tune and the gt flowmaster axlebacks and just run a single until you can afford the rest. thats what i did and it sounded great

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. I think im gonna go with tuner next month then earn some cash then buy exhaust in june and cai in august. I hope i can get them all. And the bumper cut looked good. How did you get the templet to cut it?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
pypes has it on their website i believe. you should be able to print it off

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok. Should i go h pype or x pype? And will i get any performance gains from going to duals?

·
Registered
584 Posts
CAI/tune is definitely more fun but a Mustang looks stupid IMO with a single exhaust, V6 or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts