Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know CAIs are good for 05-09 and I know tunes are really good for automatics. So what I am wanting know is if getting a CAI and a tune worth $600 if i have a 2010 with a manual transmission! Thanks guys and sorry if someone has already posted something similar.

·
Registered
762 Posts
yep definitely worth it. i got the jlt cai with bama tunes and its GREAT. you get a nice sound, and a good amount of performance. plus with bama you get free tunes for life

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its been asked a bunch but I haven't seen a definite answer yet, if -> a 2010 + CAI + tune is really > a 2010 with just a tune.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I too would like to find out more about this from others. I'm still a little confused as to how much I could expect from an aftermarket cai over the stock cai

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep definitely worth it. i got the jlt cai with bama tunes and its GREAT. you get a nice sound, and a good amount of performance. plus with bama you get free tunes for life
I think you were sent to this world to help me haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
cai on a 2010 gt

I installed a c/l/ cai kit and I didn't use the tune . I RAN THE CAR AND MY ET. STAYED THE SAME BUT MY MPH WENT UP AROUND 2 MPH. The stock air runs around 800 cfm. add a k/n drop in filter and it goes to around 960 cfm. No tune needed. add the c/l kit and you get 1100cfm. (no tune version) .So it seems to be better.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The CAI/Tuner is definitely the single-best thing that you can do to your car. You'll notice a night/day driveability difference, increased horsepower/torque, better gas mileage, the list goes on and on. You can expect over 25RWHP from the stock RWHP rating with premium fuel 91 or 93 octane and a good CAI/Tuner package. My personal recommendation as for bang for the buck would be the JLT CAI/Tuner kit. Here's some good options:

2005-2010 Ford Mustang Cold Air Intakes, Mustang Intakes at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

They all come with the Free Tunes for Life program, so you're set as long as you own the vehicle! Give our Bama team a call if you have any other questions at the number/hours in my signature. They're knowledgeable and they'll be able to help you through it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks that's probably what i will go with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts