Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I do not know on this that is why I am posting here, I own a 02 v6. My uncle has a 2008 v6 mustang, and he wants to put a cai on it. I am jc he said that you have to get it tuned after you do it. I am just assuming that he says that because he asssumes. Maybe he is right, I am not sure on the 08 if it has some special maf that needs that. Ok thanks. Also, what are good brand cai's for the 08 or does it not matter like the 1999-04?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, that is what I heard. do you know about the having to get the computer tuned? jc. I have no clue on his and I do not want to tell him to get it and then have something go wrong he will kill me :) not literally, but you know what i mean

·
Registered
277 Posts
you don't have to, but it's best if you do. I bought a BBK intake (which does not require a tune) i did not notice any difference in performance until i got the SCT tuner. There are a few brands for the 05+ that do not require a tune. BBK, K&N are 2 i know for sure that do not require a tune. But it's not really worth it unless you tune your car. Most people on here recommend JLT, i really do not think it matters what brand the tune is the thing that makes the big difference.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Tell him to get one that requires a tune. Some require it, and some don't, but they ones that don't require a tune aren't going to get nearly the same gains as the ones that do.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright guys thanks for all of the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts