Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my mustang has a stock cai in it with a k&n filter. I was just wondering what would be the differance between this and one i would buy online?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the main diffrence will be looks.

the stock stuff with a k&n filter is plenty for most bolt-on apps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone said it was because of the location of the filiter on this new cai that will make it better but idk

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If you do go with an aftermarket intake (elbow basically) go with a K&N, JLT or I think Air-raid I think. Its one that Casper has, his engine bay looks soooooo sexy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So cai isnt worth **** is what you guys are saying. besides looks

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think their good for power, but your best bet would be to do midpipe, cold air intake, throttle body upper plenum and get a dyno tune. To get the full potential out of it.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Any difference you feel is just in your head. The rpm may jump faster and it may sound a little deeper, but as far as adding any substantial power, your money is best spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Idk, I put on a K&N FIPK cold air intake, and it felt better. I dont think its in your head, every car responds differently to bolt ons. Cold air intakes arent a waste of money, they do free up some power (more so the pvc ones) they flow better then the stock.

Besides the blower, the thing I noticed alot more power from, was the o/r mid pipe. It felt a lot better. Then when I took it off for emissions, the car felt a lot slower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts