Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna do a cold air intake but there are a few probloms im running into. what would i do with the vacumm line going into the airbox and the other line going in.

·
Registered
660 Posts
plug the vacuum line with a vacuum cap and don't worry about the second line going to the flap valve, since you're removing the airbox anyways.

personally i wouldn't recommend getting rid of the stock air box, i'd just remove the pre heater hose, and lower flap inside the box, then the screen on front of the maf sensor and install a drop in hi flow air filter. That is a better solution for a cold air setup on your car.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
wich is the pre heater hose? what is the tube coming from the exhaust manifold?
that tube coming from the exhaust manifold is the preheater hose.
When I removed that hose and the flap, I left that hole open as another way for the intake system to access more airflow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i just take that off the airbox and the exhaust manifold. i also tried removing the maf from the box to take out the screen but it wouldnt budge even with all the bolts off. is there a way to get that off. thanks in advance

·
Registered
660 Posts
the gasket is probably stuck. get a small screwdriver and pry it up.

don't forget to take the flap at the bottom of the airbox out, so both inlets can injest air at the same time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
my suggestion would be instead of removing the pre heater hose, just unhook it from the exhaust then point it forward somewhere where the hot air from the radiator wont get in. in turn making it a cold air intake ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
my suggestion would be instead of removing the pre heater hose, just unhook it from the exhaust then point it forward somewhere where the hot air from the radiator wont get in. in turn making it a cold air intake ;)
yep - that works out good too...

·
Registered
660 Posts
nope

1 - 12 of 12 Posts