Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm gonna be storing my car for the next 6 months starting June and have been looking for a good car cover. My neighbor has one of these covers and he leaves it outside and it seems to hold up pretty good. My next question is I'm probably going to get the NOAH fabric because it seems to be the toughest but I know these covers are very form fitting. I have a 03 cobra bumper and was kinda caught up whether to get the cobra cover or the GT cover (I dont want to get it and it not fit over the bumper or not fit right). So any insight would be helpful to those who use these. Also would it be a godd idea to put some of those damp rid moisture absorbing packs in the car?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I want to get something for after I wash the car so no dust gets on the car. It would be perfect for the night before I start on a full detail on my car of my fiancé's Mustang. Obviously since it's indoor I need no protection but want it to have ZERO chance of scratching.

I think the Damp Rid is a good idea. Don't get the hanging bags unless you've got a place to hang them. They do not work laying down. I've tried! They make a small cup that works great. I keep one where I store all of my ammunition and it works wonders.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I have have the Covercraft Custom car cover for my 2004 GT its the Reflectech. It does a great job at protecting it from the dust and dirt. Have yet to try it in the rain because I live in the desert and it hardly rains here, but it rain and snow proof as well but the fabric breathes and that what you want on a quality car cover. Just dont leave it on your vehicle when it windy or you will get marring on the quarter panels, fenders and bumpers. I purchased mine at carcoversdirect.com it took like 3 weeks to get to me since it had to be custom built. I cost me like $200 with the cable and lock as well as the storage bag. I also now have the gust guard tie downs for it. I am might sell my GT and get a 2004 cobra so I am going to see how it fits on there, I am almost sure it will still work fine and fit well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious about this as well. I want to get something for after I wash the car so no dust gets on the car. It would be perfect for the night before I start on a full detail on my car of my fiancé's Mustang. Obviously since it's indoor I need no protection but want it to have ZERO chance of scratching.

I think the Damp Rid is a good idea. Don't get the hanging bags unless you've got a place to hang them. They do not work laying down. I've tried! They make a small cup that works great. I keep one where I store all of my ammunition and it works wonders.
I have have the Covercraft Custom car cover for my 2004 GT its the Reflectech. It does a great job at protecting it from the dust and dirt. Have yet to try it in the rain because I live in the desert and it hardly rains here, but it rain and snow proof as well but the fabric breathes and that what you want on a quality car cover. Just dont leave it on your vehicle when it windy or you will get marring on the quarter panels, fenders and bumpers. I purchased mine at carcoversdirect.com it took like 3 weeks to get to me since it had to be custom built. I cost me like $200 with the cable and lock as well as the storage bag. I also now have the gust guard tie downs for it. I am might sell my GT and get a 2004 cobra so I am going to see how it fits on there, I am almost sure it will still work fine and fit well.
Thanks guys! I was gonna use those cup style damp rids because I wouldnt have any place to hang them. They say that there covers wont scratch cars but it doesnt really matter because its gonna be in the garage and it isnt going to be very windy in there lol. Nasty you might want to look at that NOAH cover then because its suppose to protect from scratching, gauging and door dings.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i had one of the cheaper 80 dollar water proof,scratch proof.etc and it collected dust and then when it rained it was a mess on the car,check some feedback on the one you are wanting to buy before you buy it,just a heads up

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had one of the cheaper 80 dollar water proof,scratch proof.etc and it collected dust and then when it rained it was a mess on the car,check some feedback on the one you are wanting to buy before you buy it,just a heads up
thank you, I know that how that is cause I've seen it before. Hopefully with the price of these it comes with some good quality. But I know that isnt always the case.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yeah, I'm not worried about wind since it's going to be in the garage. I'm just worried about it scratching while putting it on and off. I was going to go with the "Form Fit" even though they don't have one for the Roush since I've a Kaenan 3" cowl, Roush front fascia and rear spoiler. I was probably going to go with the GT500, it'll probably be close enough.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the califonia car cover noah one and it works great. Got it from a friend for the best price ever of free but it was used for a year or two but the car cover was taken very goo care of only had black marks from it rubbing on the tire shine on the tires. But compared to the 80 dollar cheap one i had before this one is ten times better. As for snow and rain it works great some of the water can get threw it but if u give it a day on the car it all drys out perfect. Overall for the money it is a great car cover and i think they even have a 5 year warrenty

·
Registered
221 Posts
For indoor use, the Coverking satin stretch is very nice. I first saw these used on Steve Saleen's indoor show cars and they work real nice, are baby soft and go on and come off easy. I have helped out at many of his shows and they're impressive. After some research, I found these have a great reputation. A tad pricey, but worth it if you can swing it.

With any car cover, apply a coat of instant detailer or spray wax before installing, just for safe measure.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
For indoor use, the Coverking satin stretch is very nice. I first saw these used on Steve Saleen's indoor show cars and they work real nice, are baby soft and go on and come off easy. I have helped out at many of his shows and they're impressive. After some research, I found these have a great reputation. A tad pricey, but worth it if you can swing it.

With any car cover, apply a coat of instant detailer or spray wax before installing, just for safe measure.
I will have to give it a try. I want one for the Cobra now that it is in storage most of the time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a Ultraweave, i left my car outside ontop of a tarp over the winter, and put the cover on it, and it have like 2 feet of snow and ice on top of it and it held up good, no rips or marks whatsoever. Also i was at a campground visiting friends and put the cover on because i was staying for 3 days. one of the guys in another sight was playing darts, and one went over his fence and landed on the roof of my car, he told me the next day, and i looked, no rips, holes, or dents in my roof. The nice thing is he offered o pay for the damage. Really nice guy, And a really nice cover.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the CoverCraft Deluxe from AM and it fits like a glove. I usually keep my car covered, but it's only garaged in the winter. I never thought of scratching from the wind, but heavy wind & rain is kind of when I want it covered. I regularly clean both sides with Simple Green, hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Another vote for the Cali Car Cover. My Roush has the wing on the back and they made the car to fit with NO tight stretching. Fits like a glove and is a super soft material.

Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts