Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I bought some high flow cats that were supposed to be 50 state legal, but California passed a law that all cats installed after Jan 1st of 2009 have be stamped with OBDII Certs and the CARB certification. Be careful what you buy or install. I have to buy a used stock H pipe and install it since my stock was modified with a universal cat, but after so many miles the stock cats wont be allowed if they are outside of there warranty period and you will have to buy these special cats that are stamped.

Subject Top Page: Aftermarket Catalytic Converters

Read this webpage before buying what some people call a 50 state legal catted x or h pipe. They are wrong!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
This might sound dumb, but if I lived in Cali and I put an aftermarket high flow cat mid pipe on my car, how are they going to know when I put it on? Just asking.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
They require visual emission system inspections. California even has mobile roadside inspection stations.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
But how will they know the exact date you put them on. This sounds more plausible but I think this is another "California bans black cars" type deal going on.

Oh yeah, South Carolina FTMFGDW and its no inspections and no front license plates.

·
Registered
659 Posts
same here i wish i was back hoome in florida. No emissions or other BS

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
yea **** that law, thats why i still havent smogged my bmw, needs a cat and the cali one's 2x more expensive. i run catless on the stang, ill just swap the stock mid on for smog :dunno

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
when is california supposed to break off of the rest of the country? where's the party gonna be when that happens?
eventually the fault will bring that monster quake that will break the whole state away, and the rest of the nation can live in peace :D

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
We have no emissions or front plates in WV, but they DO check for cats.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
when is california supposed to break off of the rest of the country? where's the party gonna be when that happens?

EDIT:

lol @ whoever tried to neg rep me for this post.

and as per request...

"i am gay"
Reps, but you're still :gay

:D

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Yes I did. :D

Reactions: BWAL
1 - 20 of 32 Posts