Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 California special with the fog lights in the bumper, like the location, but the problem I have is the stupidest thing Ford could do in my opinion. Hid headlights high and low beams, then the plain old yellow bulbs in the fogs, do u guys/girls know of any kits that match the hid headlights, or know if Ford offers a set?
Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanting a match to the headlights. but those look damn close in the link. Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I replaced the fog light bulbs in my CS lower on my 2011 with a 35w HID kit from DDM tuning. Great kit, low price, plug and play and took minutes to install. I didn't pick quite the right color temp to match the factory HIDs though, but, I really don't care all that much; I just wanted the brighter light and I've never got around to switching them out. Anyway, they have a color chart on the website.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
ofcourse you can replace it, but as I know fog lights need to be yellow, I don't remember I've seen any car manufacture made fogs in HID

·
Registered
32 Posts
The fogs from the factory have to be yellow per DOT, if i'm not mistaken.

By the color chart from DDM tuning, i'm thinking 5000K is the best color match.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks shakinit and derek19! Looks like I'm going with the ddm's

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if I will need to order the HID hardness, error eliminator, adapter cablers or mounting bracket?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U beat me to that! Was just about to orders.

SAME QUESTION AS DERIK19!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if I will need to order the HID hardness, error eliminator, adapter cablers or mounting bracket?
Anyone?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I didn't need anything else other than the base kit I posted; the factory plug went right into the ballast, which went right into the bulb which went right into the factory bulb location. As for mounting, I simply used double sided tape and placed the ballasts in the flat area inside the lower part of the CS valence. I've had mine for at least a year with no issues. No error codes or anything.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The fogs from the factory have to be yellow per DOT, if i'm not mistaken.

By the color chart from DDM tuning, i'm thinking 5000K is the best color match.
That would be on a State by State basis here in the US, so I would check your State laws to be sure. Here in Florida they can be found online.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Upon review, I see you guys have '13s, so I would stick my head under the front bumper and check out the area around the fog bulbs to see if you need a mounting bracket or not. The kit I got had about a good 6-8 inches of play on either end so the ballast didn't have to be right behind the bulb.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
You should be fine, just use 3M double sided tape and mount it somewhere..

I ****ing love my LED fogs cause they're soooo bright, but I want to snag a roush grill and get CS fogs since they're only 130 for the set from Ford. Decisions decisions.

And no OP, you don't need any of that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just placed my order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WoooHoo!! They have shipped. Will post pics of before and after.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was finally able to install these lights. It looks a lot better than the yellow but it doesn't quite match my headlights. I'll be buying replacement bulbs to try and get them to match. Should have went with the 5000k instead of 6000k. Oh well. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
603 Posts
So was it the H11 bulb?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, it was the h11 bulb.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
I was finally able to install these lights. It looks a lot better than the yellow but it doesn't quite match my headlights. I'll be buying replacement bulbs to try and get them to match. Should have went with the 5000k instead of 6000k. Oh well. I'll post a pic later.
Get 4300k if you can. That is the color temp used in oem hids. I have that in my fogs, they look pure white.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts