Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be painting my calipers blue to match my valve covers when it warms up (after winter). I used the blue caliper spray paint on the valve covers but I think the color is too bright and looks a little cartoonish. I'm planning on stripping the paint off the valve covers and spraying them with the blue anodized paint duplicolor offers but I'm pretty sure it won't hold up to the high temperatures of the calipers. Any ideas? I'd rather not go through all the work and paint the calipers only to have it burn off and look like **** again.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Use high temp paint and it will not be an issue... however the calipers themselves do not get hot enough to burn most paints off.

I did the whole 9 yards; Sanding, primer, color, and clear on my calipers and valve covers. They have held up nicely. Its about time to redo them within the next few months however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The calipers aren't what get really hot, that's the discs and pads. I just went to my local car shop and picked up some red caliper paint. It turned out really good and is holding up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try the anodized first since it should hold up and if it doesn't I'll just redo it with the other blue I got. Then I can say I atleast tried right.

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah ive painted my calipers with the duplicolor high temp paint and they have stood up very well

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not talking about painting them with high temp paint. I'm talking about the paint they offer that makes it look like the part is anodized. Duplicolor offers it in a line called Metalcast, and it's supposed to withstand heat up to 500 degrees fahrenheit. The VHT brand offers a similar product that withstands up to 550 degrees fahrenheit. I'm thinking either should work. Just gotta find the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts