Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but i cant find any info on what im looking for and i know a lotta people know this.. in eibachs launch kit(springs) what is the front spring rate?

·
Registered
312 Posts
stupid... lol couldn't resist. I know you're asking for the front, but just an fyi in case you didn't already know, there is a difference between the spring rates of the left and right rear. Found this about the rear while looking for you "in ford racing F-300/465,LH180,RR180/350 EIBACH DRAG SPRINGS" I'm going to keep looking though, seems like not many people have that answer and i'm curious myself

·
Registered
312 Posts
After a little more research, I still havent found the exact spring rates. Apparently, Eibach doesn't willingly give away the rates for their drag springs. I've read in past threads that people have called Eibach, asked directly for the spring rates and interestingly enough been told that the company is not allowed to release those rates to the public. Through all the digging, I came across a third gen camaro forum in which somebody finally had some luck getting the spring rates from their customer service. My advice would be to call Eibach. Not sure how set you are on drag springs, but i'll attach a file which has the spring rates of some other popular springs just in case. Mostly 99-04 with a few sn95s listed.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
Sk8, where you at in Frederick? Im over in Sykesville.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sk8, where you at in Frederick? Im over in Sykesville.
I actually live in Walkersville, but right now I'm going to school at Duke.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah sk8 its so hard to find anything lol and thats funny how they wont release the info. and ya v606 i know how to order springs lol i want the springRATE of the kit...

so lemme ask you guys a diff question then.. if i ordered front coilovers, what springrate would i want for drag? options are 12-250, 12-350, 14-175, 14-130, and 14-150

idk what the first number means but if u wanna see the webpage its here...

96-04 Mustang QA-1 K-Member Kit

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
14-130 is going to be stock ride quality, and ride height. But will handle better and be lighter than stock. If my understanding is correct, you want the softest shocks and springs you can get, and that is it. And its not dropped so it won't move the weight forward like a raked look would.

Maybe someone with more information on the weight transfer from drag cars would have more info.

My understanding is you want the front to shift up and stay up (stong front springs) and weak shocks. But your shocks are supposed to match your springs, so you must want soft springs in front. In rear I'm not sure what is ideal, Not super stiff, but not so soft that the car just sends all its energy to the springs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
We have that same table posted somewhere in the Suspension Guide. I was looking for it the other day. I need to get one of the MODs to let me re-organize that first post so people don't ahve to read the Entire thing to find that stuff.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Like others have said, you want the softest spring rate possible for drag. As far as 12 or 14" I'm not too sure it really matters from a drag racing standpoint. I'd imagine you'd want a 12 so that the back of the car is seated over the wheels a little better plus aerodynamics? From a visual standpoint, if 14" is stock than i'd say 12 for sure because our stock suspension is entirely too high.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha.. so then the 12-250 or the 14-130? lol soft of low? they are also coil overs so if i got the 14-130 i could just tighten the coil correct? to lower it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
but i cant find any info on what im looking for and i know a lotta people know this.. in eibachs launch kit(springs) what is the front spring rate?
The front spring rate on the Eibach Drag Launch Kit (9310.140) is progressive from 342.66 lb/in to 462.59 lb/in. The free length is 377mm or 14.8".

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
the 12" is going to give you more adjustment than the 14" spring. There was someone on here a while back with 14" springs that said he couldn't get much more than a 1" drop over stock with the springs. I believe this is aimed tword the guys with drop spindles (2" drop before springs), so they can be lowered without sacrificing range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts