Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to compete in the true street division next year and am pondering about cams. Now my question is, I'm looking for a cam with a .550 lift and around a 242 duration. Now my question is will I have valve clearance issues?

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Stock motor, yes you will:D

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have installed 30 cams in stangs in the last 5 years..I had 2 stangs I had ptv issues...take springs off #1 cly install light checking springs turn it over to tdc at split overlap check it at 10 degrees btdc and 10 degrees atdc with that much duration your going to be tight ...I like comp 270 cams for street lopey idle...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I have installed 30 cams in stangs in the last 5 years..I had 2 stangs I had ptv issues...take springs off #1 cly install light checking springs turn it over to tdc at split overlap check it at 10 degrees btdc and 10 degrees atdc with that much duration your going to be tight ...I like comp 270 cams for street lopey idle...
I believe anything with more than 232* and .550 will need a competent mechanic to degree them and check PTV. In other words you just can't drop them in and go:cool: I would degree and check PTV on any cams myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts