Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at the comp mother thumpper. Douse anyone know if there is a place around Dallas TX to get them installed and how much. Ill prolby call FORD and ask them to. Would these be safe on a DD and would they sound good on a O/R X with Ford Racing Stingers. Thanks :screwy:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just throwing caution to the wind, my buddy had these, with 3.73s not 4.10s albeit, and said they made his car incredibly hard to daily drive. I'm sure there are members here who have them who would say otherwise though. And the peak numbers do speak for themselves. Guess it's really up to you but without long tubes you won't be getting everything you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Any time you move the power curve higher it makes your car a little more of a hassle to just tool along at light throttle and low RPM's. Why the thumpers? Seems like your more about the sound than the quality of the grind. But that's OK if that's what you want. But yes the tighter LSA increases your valve overlap and that is why you bleed power down low. You just have to relearn driving the car. Keeping RPM's higher and slipping the clutch a little more is all it takes. I used to have a heavily cammed DD that would barely idle when warm and had to be constantly giving it gas when cold. Anyways, you had to spin her up to like almost 3K before you could start engaging the clutch or she would die. She was also a low 10 second car. I guess I just still don't understand why folks want the hassle of driving a 600 hp car in a 300 hp one.

But you should be able to do the install by yourself, it's not that difficult. It's easier than you think but then again you should feel comfortable doing it too. If you look at the install instructions and don't understand them, take it in to have it done. I would think a shop would charge you 3-5 hours. I did my cams in less than 4, but IDK if you need to install limiters on the VCT or not.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
also look into the hot rods from ford but your not going to get much power out of either but the hot rods have an awesome lope

·
Registered
327 Posts
muthas sound much better than hot rods

i have an auto....but yeah if you have a manual it will be tough for daily driving...takes a while to get used to

I have the muthas with stingers:

$500 for houston shop to do it

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks or all the help i got a quit form Dallas Mustang for 650. I want the lopey sound. It will see track 1/8 mile. But it is my DD at the same time if i put the 4.10 it would help some say but what about 4.56 and any bud have MPg with and with out geras i have 3.55

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks or all the help i got a quit form Dallas Mustang for 650. I want the lopey sound. It will see track 1/8 mile. But it is my DD at the same time if i put the 4.10 it would help some say but what about 4.56 and any bud have MPg with and with out geras i have 3.55[/QUOTE
I also called Ford in Plaino,TX wanded 1200

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info ill be sure to check the prices on those spots also.:bubba:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
A friend of mine had Thumper Cams with 3.55 gears. It was a dog down low but had decent mid and upper end power.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am probly gowing with the Hot Rod cam my new job is in heavy traffic

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
You will love the sound but honestly if I was in a lot of heavy traffic I would not cam the car at all but that's just my 2cents

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't recommend hpp. Manny is a good tuner but they are super expensive. Got to gear heads in Arlington. Talk to Matt. He will give you a quote. I had hot rod cams installed by them and udps and cmdp for like 1600$ and that was installed and dynoed. Now I'm at 340 rwhp.
I had hpp in lewisville install Bbk long tubes and xpipe with Dyno and it was like $2200. I had no idea I was being ripped off. I then went to gearheads and they could have done the same work for $500 less. Bankston ford in Frisco only refers people to gearheads. I hope this helps u.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Iv tryed to call gearheads like 5 times this week. No ancer each time that would be the best for me as i olny work right down the street.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Iv tryed to call gearheads like 5 times this week. No ancer each time that would be the best for me as i olny work right down the street.
817-465-4327 did you call this number?
they close at 5 if i can remember, but i wouldnt use anyone else but gearheads...i know multiple people with terminators and sn97's that go there and are very pleased.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts