Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:70:Ok so im gonna order a set of cams..... Im not gonna go with stage one because I don't wanna go half ass...I got pretty much full bolt ons besides heads (got the stock heads) and cams.....other than that pretty much done...I know alot of pple just say put a blower on but im just gonna be using this a my dd want to hit 300 to the wheels cars paid off so just plan on getting a new 5.0.......just not sure which cams to get that will work with the stock heads...hear alot of pple say go with the comp cams, modular head shop, or cushmans......if anyone can help me out id greatly appreciate it...and yeh imma replace the springs as well if that helps any...:swordfight:

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
My buddy got blower cams from MHS, no complaints. If i were ever to get cams, id probably go there

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but even if i don't wanna put a blower/turbo on? i figured sumtin like that would be to much on the heads themselves i might be wrong..........what kind of cams do you got in your car...

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Cushman Stage 2 or HP 292. The HPs are alot more aggressive. CMS 2's will get you in the 290s. You also get a 5% forum discount.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have comp xe268h cams. Love em! Gained 30rwhp...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Hp292s here, 301/306 (whp/wtq) with full exhaust and stock Bullitt intake.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do yall have a link to the hp cams???? Kinda wanna see how those r does it have a good lope to it or is it more casual...I know the comps sound really good as well....and ive been looking alot at the cushmans

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Do yall have a link to the hp cams???? Kinda wanna see how those r does it have a good lope to it or is it more casual...I know the comps sound really good as well....and ive been looking alot at the cushmans
youtube. They are an aggressive cam.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts

The motor isn't all the way warmed up in this vid, it actually lopes a bit more than this. Like blownstang said their fairly aggressive, you won't be able to put around on idle anymore unless you want to snap you neck off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm looking into cushman stage 2 and will call tmmr to hp... The only thing I didn't like from what I saw from the hp on you tube is it seems to me like the car wants to die because the idle and they kept having to step on the gas any reason for that? ???

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
^^^ no one was in the car in that video

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Yeah I'm looking into cushman stage 2 and will call tmmr to hp... The only thing I didn't like from what I saw from the hp on you tube is it seems to me like the car wants to die because the idle and they kept having to step on the gas any reason for that? ???
The car wasn't fully warmed up so the idle was flucuating between low and high speed. But withe any cams you're going to need a custom tune that's spot-on or else it will kill and idle surge.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeh i know what ya mean.....and yeh i just got off the phone with the guy from hp he said he would call me back when they got some more cores in they have none so they couldn't do the 292s right now......but not bad for 450 on them...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion about what works best. The only true way to be happy is if you make an educated decision on your own based on well-known facts in the engine building world.

Do some research. A cam choice is a HUGE decision. Dont take it lightly, unless you enjoy swapping cams lol. There are so many factors to consider, dynamic compression ratio, LCA, overlap, duration, idle quality. And all of these factors affect how much youre going to enjoy driving the car. Everyone loves lope, its grabs the attention of everyone at a stoplight...but sometimes thats all it does! Whats the point in sounding like a drag car but only running like a 3 cylinder Geo? haha

Seriously, if you are interested in knowing the effect all of the things have, i can make a lengthly post. Just dont be influenced by everyone elses opinions, make your own decisions :)

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Cms stage 2 n/a cams, stage 2 heads, 5.0 stroker, full boltons, full exhaust. 312rwhp/342ftlbs. Id say they did there job quite well
For the most part. I don't know if that stroker and ported heads help you much N/A. Only made about 15-20rwhp over a full bolt on cam 5spd car.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I have a free shipping code right now if you want to take advantage of it. The code is "ship4free"....that'll save ya another $20-$25
That is a nice little additional bonus, but on your site it says the code is disabled.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts