Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a link to a cam install for a 2V. Also, if i installed a cam and then drove like 20 minutes down the road would that be a good idea or do i have to get the engine tuned before it can be driven anywhere, cause i can install the cam myself and then drive it to the shop that's like 20 minutes down the road and get it tuned or is that a bad idea

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
All of your questions depend on what all you plan to change. However, we have a wonderful "search" function at the top of the page. It will direct you to thousands of threads with information about cam swaps and all kinds of other neat stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i searched through them and couldnt find a one that had anything to do with my questions. Im wanting to install a stage 3 cam in my car and then drive it 20 minutes down the road to get tuned. Would this be a bad idea, should i just get the shop toi install it so that it doesnt have to be driven and then get it tuned by them. Also can anyone give an instructional article on installing a cam on a 2V

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can anyone give me a link to a cam install for a 2V. Also, if i installed a cam and then drove like 20 minutes down the road would that be a good idea or do i have to get the engine tuned before it can be driven anywhere, cause i can install the cam myself and then drive it to the shop that's like 20 minutes down the road and get it tuned or is that a bad idea
that depends on the cam size doesnt it?...i heard people sometimes install the cam themselves and than have there car towed..i would personally do that especially if i was going with a big cam..better safe than sorry...
how big is the cam?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with just a simple 20 min drive. Do NOT beat on it until AFTER it is tuned. Just simply drive it there and you should be fine.
Not trying to thread jack, but what is '10" Terror'?

·
Registered
387 Posts
hey jim i have to drive 90 miles to my tune shop is that gonna be a problem with the cams we spoke of via email

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
It goes back to the early to mid 90's when I first got into the fast streetcar stuff. It's related to the tire size...being 10" wide. That was the standard tires size before the 10.5W stuff was invented.
gotcha:yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts