Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 07 gt and i wanna get the comp cams nsr (no springs required) and i have read around and have been told that i do not need the limiters with these cams but other mustang owners and also american muscle said that yes i do need the limiters and all of this has put a huge confusion in my head so i really need your help and figuring out if i need the limiters or not cause i do not wanna bend any valves or do any damage and also do i need to change the phaser bolt after installing the cams?
thank you

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
hello i have a 07 gt and i wanna get the comp cams nsr (no springs required) and i have read around and have been told that i do not need the limiters with these cams but other mustang owners and also american muscle said that yes i do need the limiters and all of this has put a huge confusion in my head so i really need your help and figuring out if i need the limiters or not cause i do not wanna bend any valves or do any damage and also do i need to change the phaser bolt after installing the cams?
thank you
When running the NSR Cams, it's not 100% required to run the Cam Limiters since this is more of a "mild" Cam. However, it's definitely recommended. It's always good to just do everything right all at once! I would also replace the Phaser bolt, considering they are a one time use bolt.

This is a very opinionated question and it really comes down to your budget. It's kind of like, "I want to do gears, but do I need the install and bearing kit" or "I'm going to lower my car, should I get shocks and camber plates as well"? It's not required but you'll definitely benefit from it!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When running the NSR Cams, it's not 100% required to run the Cam Limiters since this is more of a "mild" Cam. However, it's definitely recommended. It's always good to just do everything right all at once! I would also replace the Phaser bolt, considering they are a one time use bolt.

This is a very opinionated question and it really comes down to your budget. It's kind of like, "I want to do gears, but do I need the install and bearing kit" or "I'm going to lower my car, should I get shocks and camber plates as well"? It's not required but you'll definitely benefit from it!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

thats awsome thank you i just wanna make sure cause i really dont want to get them im going more towards looks and sounds so i was planning to get the thumpers put them in and i already have a tuner from you guys so i was gonna get a tune for the cam and limit the rpms to about 5000 so i wont go over by accident one day and hit a valve get me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts