Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard from multiple sources that if you call certain cam manufacturers with the specs of your engines 2 different times, you will get 2 completely different reccomendations.. any truth in this? who do you guys reccomend to call that will set me up with the right cam?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
damn good to see you again man!stick around.that happens with places like comp,crane but call flowtech induction or camshaft innovations for a custom grind if you really want a good cam

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, its good to be back. I'm probably not going to go the custom grind route just because of cash reasons. I'm just going to be looking for the best suited off the shelf cam. I only ask because I have heard that comp cams will give you different specs on a cam every time you call, just looking for someone who's run into this and who to stay away from. I'll check into those other places, thanks. and if anyone else has any input, I'm still open to hearing.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Thanks, its good to be back. I'm probably not going to go the custom grind route just because of cash reasons. I'm just going to be looking for the best suited off the shelf cam. I only ask because I have heard that comp cams will give you different specs on a cam every time you call, just looking for someone who's run into this and who to stay away from. I'll check into those other places, thanks. and if anyone else has any input, I'm still open to hearing.
i have called comp several times just to see what they say and its always different.btw man how much do you have to spend?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ford racing e-303 cam
Ha! I gota brand new e cam in the box... want it??

Well its not that I have a fixed budget for a cam, I'm just tired of spending on this car and I still have probably another 2k to go before its done this year. I'm probably not going to race it like planned anyway so I'm not looking to get real crazy with it. Plus I have a 300hp wet kit so whatever I'm missing n/a I'll just make up with in jetting, haha. I'm stock block anyway so I'm going to keep it around 450 with the juice so I dont grenade as easily.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ha....if your just tryin to throw it away then ill give you the address to my trash can.....lol......stock cam<e303 cam

·
Registered
685 Posts
go with a anderson grind

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts

Well its not that I have a fixed budget for a cam, I'm just tired of spending on this car and I still have probably another 2k to go before its done this year. I'm probably not going to race it like planned anyway so I'm not looking to get real crazy with it. Plus I have a 300hp wet kit so whatever I'm missing n/a I'll just make up with in jetting, haha. I'm stock block anyway so I'm going to keep it around 450 with the juice so I dont grenade as easily.
custom cam for nos.....ftw

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Jay Allen, Cam Motion and Comp Cams all do good work.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
+1 for jay....havent run it yet but was very helpful and good to do business with and heard many good things

1 - 18 of 18 Posts