Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just pulled the trigger on the ford hot rod cams and I'm thinking of ordering cam phaser lockouts from livernois, does anyone know if the cam phaser bolts come with them? if not where do I get them?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the livernois lockouts come with detailed instructions? I'm planning on doing this myself and don't want to get the cam timing wrong.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
No cam timing to worry about, you remove the front plate and install the phasers and then reinstall the cams. Yeah they have some detailed instructions and a very simple install.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didn't think those cams were available yet, what do you know that I don't? Also is it necessary to do anything with the cam phazers with this cam (I have no idea what this even means)? Finally, do you know if springs are required with this cam? Justin Burcham says they definitely are with the cams from the video but FRPP says they are not and that the video on youtube with the choppy idle is the same cam set.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You know that those things don't even exist yet right? He is just taking pre-orders and FRPP has not issued a release date yet. If anyone can give me some info on the cam phaser lockouts I would appreciate it since I too am on this list and wasn't aware of any issue with the cam phaser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts