Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 302 to put into a wrangler I have. Probably just going to clean up the factory block, , use factory pistons, gt40p heads ported & polished, gt40 intakes with extrude hones. The cam, however, I can't decide on. i've used the TFS stage-1 before and had no problems, but I'm definitely looking for my best low-end grunt in this particular application. What about the ford b303, or possibly a crane cam? Or would the TFS work just as well?

that's it for the cam question. I have the adapter for my transfer case to either a C4 or AOD. I would prefer the AOD for the E portion, jeeps aren't known for fantastic mileage. But I can't seem to find a reverse pattern valve body anywhere. While not necessary, I definitely prefer it. Anyone have a link or some knowledge as to where one can be found?

Edit- Valve body for the AOD, I've found them for the C4 everywhere.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I'm building a 302 to put into a wrangler I have. Probably just going to clean up the factory block, , use factory pistons, gt40p heads ported & polished, gt40 intakes with extrude hones. The cam, however, I can't decide on. i've used the TFS stage-1 before and had no problems, but I'm definitely looking for my best low-end grunt in this particular application. What about the ford b303, or possibly a crane cam? Or would the TFS work just as well?

that's it for the cam question. I have the adapter for my transfer case to either a C4 or AOD. I would prefer the AOD for the E portion, jeeps aren't known for fantastic mileage. But I can't seem to find a reverse pattern valve body anywhere. While not necessary, I definitely prefer it. Anyone have a link or some knowledge as to where one can be found?

Edit- Valve body for the AOD, I've found them for the C4 everywhere.
i would at least bore the cylinder walls .030 to allow for a good ring seal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts