Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 mustang gt and i have a bbk cai and for the exhaust i have o/r mac pro and slp catback. now i was looking into buying the comp cams 270 cams COMP Cams 102600 - COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Camshafts - Overview - SummitRacing.com ... now my question is, should i do it? or should i get headers first? and if i should get cams do i need springs, lifters, and a tuner? like the diablosport? or do i install them and get the car tuned at a shop?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think headers will help, correct me if Im wrong but I think headers do help.
I would say yeah get new springs and have the shop install and tune it.
Also getting a tuner would help. People go with mainly SCT which i think most shops use

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are you using stock PI heads?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
good cams SOME have had PVC and pistons inssues if I heard correctly.

I run stock manifolds....headers are good but expensive and a prone to leak and warp if not ceramic coated.

also if going to do cams look into Comp Beehive springs.
Comp Cams Valve Springs Kit Beehive (96-04 4.6L 2V) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

so to sum up good cams just be careful and get springs. Headers are nice but a lot and idk if I am sold on them with not having heads/cams or forced industion for the price.

remember best bang for the buck.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
and to add...if you do headers do LONGTUBES that are ceramic coated and u will need a shorty midpipe with longtubes.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
you can buy my custom nitrous cams for 500 bucks lol..... im getting some turbo cams...

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
i have a 2002 mustang gt and i have a bbk cai and for the exhaust i have o/r mac pro and slp catback. now i was looking into buying the comp cams 270 cams COMP Cams 102600 - COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Camshafts - Overview - SummitRacing.com ... now my question is, should i do it? or should i get headers first? and if i should get cams do i need springs, lifters, and a tuner? like the diablosport? or do i install them and get the car tuned at a shop?
I have the same cams just not installed yet. I would def reccomend springs like the comp beehive springs Scott posted, I have a set of those as well. And you will need a tuner, for that I would reccomend an act xcal3. I plan on doing headers when I install my cams so I hope to see some good gains with a new tune.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ok, and you for sure need the handheld tuner? a dynotune wont do it by itself? and yea i got the stock heads mathos

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey willy mo, do you know where u can get that tuner? am muscle has the sct3 or w.e but its not an act, its the sct sf3

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the SCT x3 is what u want.

handhelds are good infestments.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
its cool man...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now my next question is are cams a PITA to take care of and maintain? because if so, ill wait till summer and buy and install one of those on 3 performance turbo kits... i really want one and want to see how good it is since no one will get one and tell us how good it is

1 - 14 of 14 Posts