Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a set of these cams from AM.

Item # 30100

If I were to take it to a shop to have them install them cause don't want to deal with it, how much can I expect to pay? With them being installed and everything else that has to be done in order for them to be drive able( degreeing and all).
Really do not want to take this on myself and would rather pay someone to have it done

Thanks in advance

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
A shop is goin to charge several hundred for the install. Everything has to come off the engine besides the heads of mod motors. You also need a good adjustable cam gear for them to degree it which is like $300, Comp Cams Adjustable Mustang Cam Gears (4.6L/5.4L) 10246SET - Free Shipping!

IMO get cams from Modular Head Shop. The guy there knows A LOT about 4.6s, he's done a ton of research. You can get the cam degree kit for $150 and install the cams as you would if they were stock, lining up the dots. Its a bit of work but saves a bunch of money.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
expect anywhere from 650-1200 for cams installed and degreed. some tune in that price some dont include the tuning price. plus youll need a sct or diablo.

edit: I see you have a handheld already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts