Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has a 3/4 cam which means the duration is about 270 if im not mistaken. now my question is could that bring my power down? im running low 14s with my set up and i fell that i should be running into the 13s. i thought it was a vacuum leak that was pullin the power but i checked all tha lines and there is nothing?.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Lol!

Define 3/4 cam and who says you have one? You need to know the cam specs to know if it is going to work with your combo or hurt your combo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i had tha 95 engine put in me and my mechanic used the 3/4 cam that was in my 302 HO. do you think that could be tha problem. if so wat cam could i use?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
with your mods you should easily be in the 12s, what kind of tires are you running ???

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
my car has a 3/4 cam which means the duration is about 270 if im not mistaken. now my question is could that bring my power down? im running low 14s with my set up and i fell that i should be running into the 13s. i thought it was a vacuum leak that was pullin the power but i checked all tha lines and there is nothing?.
Please dont say that it makes you sound stupid!!!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
270 degrees is 75% of 360 degrees. So, that makes sense, but ive never heard anyone call it "3/4 cam."

Duration is not even half of the equation, theres so much more to a cam than just its duration. We need to know more about this 3/4 cam your talking about. Otherwise its just smoke and mirrors.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I think a 3/4 cam only opens 12 of the 16 pushrods.......... :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
thats a new term ... LOL

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Lol!

Define 3/4 cam and who says you have one? You need to know the cam specs to know if it is going to work with your combo or hurt your combo.
darrell..so this means I have a full cam in mine*LMAO*

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
4/4 cam ftw

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
that 3/4 cam is an old term use many years ago

·
Registered
104 Posts
that 3/4 cam is an old term use many years ago
Very true. Old circle track engine builders not wanting to give away their cam specs would tell their customers what track the cam was designed for, i.e. 3/4 race cam indicated it was from a 3/4 mile track. 3/4 tended to be the most radicle cam and the term became popular, so people started saying they had 3/4 cams because they sounded real nasty and didn't have a clue as to what the cam was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts