Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power can you expect to see from a decent set of Cams that wouldn't **** up my stock internals

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
25-45 hp depending on how aggresive you go. Brenspeed sells Comp Cams NSR. Which means you do not have to replace the valve springs, these net around 25 hp and they are alot cheaper in labor and parts. But if you go with like a BBR cam which is more agressive I have heard you can get around 35-40. This is just what i have heard or read, i have no personal experince with these cams.

·
Registered
991 Posts
25-45 hp depending on how aggresive you go. Brenspeed sells Comp Cams NSR. Which means you do not have to replace the valve springs, these net around 25 hp and they are alot cheaper in labor and parts. But if you go with like a BBR cam which is more agressive I have heard you can get around 35-40. This is just what i have heard or read, i have no personal experince with these cams.
you are right....the BBR cams are a more agressive cam...but the good thing about the brenspeed cams is that the cost is alot less...i got the BBR cams just have to put them in...i think im going to do a write up on them...with install pictures and what not...how much gain i got from them with a canned tune and then after a dyno tune....:)

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
you are right....the BBR cams are a more agressive cam...but the good thing about the brenspeed cams is that the cost is alot less...i got the BBR cams just have to put them in...i think im going to do a write up on them...with install pictures and what not...how much gain i got from them with a canned tune and then after a dyno tune....:)
That would be great to get a write up on this. Also a video after the install :D. When do you plan on doing the install? What springs did you go with?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That would be great to get a write up on this. Also a video after the install :D. When do you plan on doing the install? What springs did you go with?

The brenspeed cams they are talking about you don't change the springs for them. NSR= no springs required.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
this is what daddy likes to hear. Starting to hear more and more guys talking about cams and heads and strokers.

Yea im saying 25 to 40. really read up on those bbr cams, you get a great sound with them if your looking for that real mean chop but i heard you dont see much hp gains with them.

I could be wrong though.

I know bbr said they have a car with 380 at the wheels with their stage IV cam and every other bolt on. But I think that car had ported heads as well

Im curious as to what the most hp anyone on this site is pushing with just motor.

Here is a link to a guy with bbr cams, he is only pushing 303 to the wheels, and he is manual. Not sure whats up there. Plus there was a some controversy over whether or not they got 380 on that car that was on the bbr video.

Not trying to talk you out of bbr, they sound the best if you want the big chop. Also keep in mind frpp is coming out with a cam for our car that sound amazing and is suppose to see good power gains.

BBR cams installed, dynoed, and videos. FINALLY!! - The Mustang Source Forums

·
Registered
991 Posts
well right now my car is about to go into the body shop cause some asshole hit me three weeks ago...and im im just installing cervinis bumper and hood ...so i have been waiting on that but anyway...after i get the car out of the shop i will be installing the cams...its hard cause i go to school in pa and im home on the weekends...so its hard to work on my car...but i will def put up a video and take pictures of the install and what not cause im just going to do it in my driveway....so i would say like three weeks or so...by the end of march i want them in....

as for springs i went with the comp cam high load beehive springs and titanium retainers...

doing these cams set me back a little bit...but its cool...i have heard from so many performance shop not to do cams on the new mustang motor and at first i listened and then i was like **** it...you get almost 50hp and a badass sounding mustang....

i can see where they come from if you are compairing hp gain to parts and install price...but you save anywhere for 1000 to 1500 if you install them your self...:yes

i will keep you guys up dated on the install and everything

DOUG

·
Registered
991 Posts
Also keep in mind frpp is coming out with a cam for our car that sound amazing and is suppose to see good power gains.
yes they are..and they are alittle cheaper then the bbr cams...i would wait to see what power they put out before going and buying them but thats just me...i heard the ford cams they have a great sound...it depends out what kind of sound you are looking for...the bbr cams have a very rough sound and the ford ones sound great just not as rough...but both sound nasty...:yes

·
Registered
991 Posts
those hot rod cams look sweet...they dont need new springs either...thats saves alot of time and money.....i am not looking forward to doing the springs but hey thats just part of the game i guess...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
god I had to sit through 6 ****ing minutes just to hear him tap it one time. Worthless youtube video

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I dunno if I'm a fan of the cam knocking noise.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does BBR still exist, not so sure about that. Also keep in mind that most of their cams are regrinds which are not something I would want in my car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was thinking the same thing b/c they dont have a website anymore. I tried last week and it still doesnt work

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Would those Ford Hot Rod cams work w/ FI or is it just for NA

1 - 20 of 32 Posts