Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
doesnt matter how big it is, matters how much it compliments the other parts...custom cam is the best way to do that...but if you're gunna do off-the shelf cam, then comp, crane, crower, lunati all make good cams, the trick flows arent bad either...but i know the f303 is one of the biggest cams you can do with the stock valve relief and thats only .512" lift...so cant be much more than that..and thats too big for the stock valve springs..so idk

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not tryin to spend a bunch of money on a custom grind.....just lookin for a decent cam to give me most power on stock gt40's

·
Registered
91 Posts
doesnt matter how big it is, matters how much it compliments the other parts...custom cam is the best way to do that...but if you're gunna do off-the shelf cam, then comp, crane, crower, lunati all make good cams, the trick flows arent bad either...but i know the f303 is one of the biggest cams you can do with the stock valve relief and thats only .512" lift...so cant be much more than that..and thats too big for the stock valve springs..so idk
he will need to change the valve springs,and you haft to watch for ptv clearance that means watching for overlap, valve timing and lift.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm asking for a friend who's bought a gt40 intake and looking at stock gt40 heads. He wants the best he can do for his dollar and gt40s aren't too expensive. People told me he should do an e cam or steeda #19 or maybe even an trick flow stage 2....not too sure....I used a lunati voodoo w/ the systemax kit but not sure if it'd be too much. Also like comp cams but not sure whats the biggest he could do for now an also be good for a future head upgrade.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I'm asking for a friend who's bought a gt40 intake and looking at stock gt40 heads. He wants the best he can do for his dollar and gt40s aren't too expensive. People told me he should do an e cam or steeda #19 or maybe even an trick flow stage 2....not too sure....I used a lunati voodoo w/ the systemax kit but not sure if it'd be too much. Also like comp cams but not sure whats the biggest he could do for now an also be good for a future head upgrade.
i wouldnt do the steeda cam..the e303 cam sucks..if anything i'd do the f303 cam..and stage 2 is way to big for that set-up..even stage 1 would be to big...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah my buddy is lookin at the 40p heads the cast iron 40's and the gt40 y302s.....thats why I'm askin...my first thought was the f cam. Any specific set of springs they would need? I'm sure it would help this other guy also.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Not really the valve train seemed to be in great shape, not sure if it's necessary. You think it would work, if you have a better idea, then I'm down to hear it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I know my buddy doesn't wanna hafta buy new springs and buy ton of stuff then he might as well just buy a more expensive set of heads

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think fcam would be good just wanna make sure gt-40s would handle it w/o an extra 500-grand to make it work

1 - 20 of 21 Posts