Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am getting ready to swap my cams,I will need a new crank bolt I know that do I also need to replace the cams bolts to or those are reusable?
please let me know if you know a good place to get those misc parts.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if you still have the stock motor you'll need cam gears & bolts since the windsor cams use press on gears.

if you already have romeo style cams swapped in then you'll just need the propper bolts for the cams your using (ie. 10 or 12mm) & you can get the bolts from summit.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a VT cams now and I have bolt on gears ,are those bolts reusable?i know that the crank bolt is not.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I have a VT cams now and I have bolt on gears ,are those bolts reusable?i know that the crank bolt is not.
if they used ARP bolts when they did the install then yes, if their oe bolts, get new ones.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damn I tried those in my car well the Cms stage 2 na and I ran into clearance issues but I really think it was install error...I really want some cams tho

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ya when we did mine they weren't degreed and I'm really thinking something wasn't right too...I might be interested in your cams...how many miles are on them?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I put springs on mine the other day. Just brought the cylinder I was working on to TDC, then just changed them. Also, use a 1" dowel rod in place of the cam, and get the OTC 7928...worth it!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Anyone running Hi-Tech stage 2's? I'm waiting to degree mine once my tensioners come in... Any PTV issues when dropped straight in?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm gonna send my cams to modularheadshop and let him degree them.. He does them on an engine he has and can get them within a degree ..

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, mine are 112* ICL, but i hear 111* is enough to start making out with the piston. 110* is XXX. I assume he degrees them with the cam/crank gears and just ships them to ya, then you just line up the marks?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts