Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do a full hci for my buddys 2004 mustang 6, but i said to myself **** it, hes got tons of bolt ons, its not slow. I just want it to have a deeper growl, any good cams out there for a strichtly street car and not wasting any driveability? I want a cam that is not VERY agressive but has a nice bark to it. But wont decrease driveability. Are cam jobs hard to do on these puppies? how much rwhp should they do? Im really looking for the sound more than power, but hopefully it will squeeze another 10-15 rwtq and hp.. thanks

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
I was going to do a full hci for my buddys 2004 mustang 6, but i said to myself **** it, hes got tons of bolt ons, its not slow. I just want it to have a deeper growl, any good cams out there for a strichtly street car and not wasting any driveability? I want a cam that is not VERY agressive but has a nice bark to it. But wont decrease driveability. Are cam jobs hard to do on these puppies? how much rwhp should they do? Im really looking for the sound more than power, but hopefully it will squeeze another 10-15 rwtq and hp.. thanks
probably get about that much depending on the tune and cam you want
and between new and regrind
ported intakes and heads would really compliment the new air going in
but a cam alone is a good mod

i would deffinitly get a tune after it

they're not TOO hard
i can give you a quick run down on what you'll have to do if youd like
it will take a couple hours

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably get about that much depending on the tune and cam you want
and between new and regrind
ported intakes and heads would really compliment the new air going in
but a cam alone is a good mod

i would deffinitly get a tune after it

they're not TOO hard
i can give you a quick run down on what you'll have to do if youd like
it will take a couple hours
Thats it? wow, yeah definitely your the man. would i even start it after i did it? i would get a dyno within the day and would not drive it. Sucker has long tubes, high flow h, dual flows, a nice cai, subframe connectors, it feels more powerful than my 88 gt did stock

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
most 6's are faster than the fox bodies stock:X (but i got beat by car and a half lol)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
and sigh... i want a fox... my gf says no they're ugly and i'll hurt myself.. LOL

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I went and got a fox lol. I love it. I miss the 6. My fox is quicker though. I'm not saying it's fast, but I need tires, spinds first so it's quite hard to compare. Now I'm putting a cam in the 5.0.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
most 6's are faster than the fox bodies stock:X (but i got beat by car and a half lol)
really?

a 2005 v6 which runs a 1/4 in about 16 seconds is faster then a car that runs the 1/4 with mid 14's? Really? Thats news to me. I guess Ford must be doing something right, you know, if they can build a car that can break the laws of physics....

whats next......interdimensional tears in time n space right?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
really?

a 2005 v6 which runs a 1/4 in about 16 seconds is faster then a car that runs the 1/4 with mid 14's? Really? Thats news to me. I guess Ford must be doing something right, you know, if they can build a car that can break the laws of physics....

to bad that hit low 15s stock like your car does stock let alone a stock fox:)

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Thats it? wow, yeah definitely your the man. would i even start it after i did it? i would get a dyno within the day and would not drive it. Sucker has long tubes, high flow h, dual flows, a nice cai, subframe connectors, it feels more powerful than my 88 gt did stock
yeah they're not bad

you can start it after you install it
depending on the cam you may run lean or rich
but a day will not hurt it unless you do something nuts with the cam

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
ur telling me a 2005 V6 will do low 15's stock....

BS.....

they lack the gearing, and the proper rear end.

and a stock fox runs 14's bro...... 87-93 of course........

·
Banned
15,799 Posts

BS.....

someone posted a chart from a forum of 15.3s from an AUTO!
15.4 has been done stock on a new edge mustang

dont make me pull slips and pwn you:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I won't believe it until i see the car go down the track myself and then visually inspect the car.

Don't waste ur time with time slips someone else posted.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
I won't believe it until i see the car go down the track myself and then visually inspect the car.

Don't waste ur time with time slips someone else posted.
lol oh boy this is just funny dude
thats just i guess your way of showing you cant believe and are jelous
ITS HAPPEND!!!
plenty of times!
GET OVER IT
somone with bolt ons and drags i believe made a high 13 pass as well on 4.10s or 3.73s

a s197 V6 will run low 15s STOCK!!!
you cant believe it but its true
someone on this site ran 15.4 in the 1/4 stock -sn95 new edge
flattusmax knows him
then theres another dude on here with and 1/8th slip good for LOW 15s as well and its a NEW EDGE
let alone a more powerful s197

YOU WRONG. sorry deal with that fact
BS all you want just makes you look ignorant. makes 4.6 look bad AGAIN
and really just makes me see you as jelous that the car can do that stock
despite what you have and run your jelous that a V6 can run times your car did stock

you state you wont believe it til you visually see it and watch it run the track
well yea you know im not gonna bring you that so your ignorant ass will say that....lol
YOU lose
face it its been done

i guess drgnracin72 is full of it in my eyes. he says he runs a flat 12 n/a but ive never seen him make the pass or inspect that car!
wait Darrell too. his car doesnt low 9s! ive never seen it. nor have you!
BS THE HOLE SITE!

^your vision

·
Registered
452 Posts
Some 6's are faster, stock... but MOST? No.

BS.....

Yes... they will. A stock Auto has gone 15.0. And that wasn't some random schmuck on the internet... Jaime (Sprout) from v6power.net did it in front of MANY witnesses at the V6 Challenge a couple years ago.

That being said, a well-maintained 5-speed Fox is still faster than that.

someone posted a chart from a forum of 15.3s from an AUTO!
15.4 has been done stock on a new edge mustang

dont make me pull slips and pwn you:cool:
My '00 5-speed V6 went [email protected] when it was, if anything, slower than stock. Oh, and that was with a crappy 2.331 60'. I've pulled 2.1's with near-stock power and the stock open rear since then. Assuming good driving and conditions, a stock 99-04 5-speed is capable of low 15's, for sure.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Some 6's are faster, stock... but MOST? No.

Yes... they will. A stock Auto has gone 15.0. And that wasn't some random schmuck on the internet... Jaime (Sprout) from v6power.net did it in front of MANY witnesses at the V6 Challenge a couple years ago.

That being said, a well-maintained 5-speed Fox is still faster than that.

My '00 5-speed V6 went [email protected] when it was, if anything, slower than stock. Oh, and that was with a crappy 2.331 60'. I've pulled 2.1's with near-stock power and the stock open rear since then. Assuming good driving and conditions, a stock 99-04 5-speed is capable of low 15's, for sure.
thank you:cool:

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
really?

lol this statment has OWNED all over it:rolleyes::)

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
ok, i did some reasearching and ur right, it can run mid 15's stock.....but thats with a better then average driver, so i concede to that.

but u seem to fail and mis the point of what i was saying. a v6 mustang is not as fast as a 5.0 stock for stock. Big whoop i was off by a second, it still doesn't make the point i was trying to get across any less valid

and about the stock new edge v6 running the same times as a npi gt. wrong. U gave me the best of the best times. U wanna play that way, I can name 2 members on this site that ran 14.8 and a 14.7 on a completely stock car..... one of them may have had a filer... So u /fail on that note

and i'm jealous, ur so right there chris. U may have turned over a new leaf, but ur head is still shoved so far up ur 6er worshiping ****ing ass that u jump on anyone with the slighest bit of misinformation about the car. I was off by half a second. U failed to see the point of my post, and immediettly jumped down my throat.

U don't know me from **** in the wall dude, and to go and call me jealous just goes to prove that. I bought my car because i like the style, not because of the motor. U think I'm jealous that all it took was an intake manifold, cams, and a set of gears to put me in the hi 13's? (Something of which requires full bolt on and gears/tlock for a 6er)Keep dreaming, and remember, when wiping, be sure to use medicated pads so u don't irritate ur neck

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
lol

not to jump in the middle of this.....but you GT/V8 guys DO give us alot of **** about having a V6, when stock yeah they are not fast.....but CAN be made fast just like the GT if yur willing to put the time/effort/loot into it. Dont misunderstand me.....id LOVE to trade my V6 in for a mach1, i just really dont want to have another car loan. 5k loan for FI or 17k car loan...either way id be lookin upwards of 300hp. S/c for 5k seems to be lookin more attractive tho.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts