Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2004 gt and I want to put a nitrous cam in and I was thinking of crower stage III cams and I was wondering do I need to do any head work?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no, but suggested. especially with a stage 3 type cam. that cam will need to be degree'd and brougth back a couple degree's as well probably because of PTV.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
yeah i went with a "stage 2" cam. no ptv and sounded good right after install.. after about 400 km's on them...not so much. still need a tune too,

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What you mean? The sound is starting to go down hill??? How is that? I'm looking to try and find a cam that's going to be good when I supercharge but yet still get the job done now N/A

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
i dont know. maybe its just the fact i dont have a tune, but the thing sounded like a drag car all around the car after the install, now i dont hear anything unless i deliberately walk behind the car and listen.. kind of a PITA but oh well. has good power after 3000 though

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
yeah i went with a "stage 2" cam. no ptv and sounded good right after install.. after about 400 km's on them...not so much. still need a tune too,
your wasting money on a stage 2 cam if you don't have a tune to take advantage of them . what cam do you have?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
What you mean? The sound is starting to go down hill??? How is that? I'm looking to try and find a cam that's going to be good when I supercharge but yet still get the job done now N/A
I think the hp292 or comp 270 works well n/a and fi. The stage 3's i have probably won't work well n/a, but the engine I bought my cams from put dowm 771rwhp with more on table till the front main spun on the engine

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Yeah the hp292's were on unix car n/a even though they are a blower cam. He was very pleased with the performance N/A but even more after the blower. And they still have a nice aggressive lope.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
HP292's? Where can I find them? They like a stg 2. or what? I'd like to have an agressive sound... Get my buddy to help me degree them....

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
HoustonPerformance.com Give them a call... let me get you a vid of my car idling. Just DO NOT let them touch your car. Find someone else to install/tune the car. That is a GARBAGE shop. I ****ing hate them!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
It lopes harder than this once it warms up too. My camera kinda drowns out and lowers the volume. It is actually pretty loud.

[ame=http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff340/bakerfx4/?action=view&current=MVI_0858.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ill have to check the video out when I get to my computer later but ill check out the site thanks for the info baker...

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
the hp292s can just be dropped in. No need for springs either but I would definitely recommend them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts