Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
not sure it says ford 240ci and you technically have a 232, but that could be them rounding

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I would suggest waiting till you have a lot of work done to your car to put in a cam... our heads and intakes flow like absolute **** and a cam would only give you maybe 10-15 horse power...

also i would suggest looking to ssms or rpm-mustangs to get a correct grind after that go straight to the producers to get the cam... say Cower, Comp, Delta somewhere like that and have them grind it for you that way you know that your getting a good deal and price...

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2007catrev3Cams.pdf

recommendation chart... then from there talk to tom or someone to really dial in your options

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for the info:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ight thanks for the help:)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
figure out wut cam grind you want than go over to rpm and order it from them :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
figure out wut cam grind you want than go over to rpm and order it from them :)
I would recommend Delk Performance or Supersix instead because their supplier is CompCams. Also, I would recommend having them spec the cam rather than telling them what cam you want.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the most i could expect to gain from a cam at thus point?

oh and another question is there any way to adjust your timing other than with a tuner?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
u wont gain much from a cam because u still have ur stock single port head and intake.
befor u look in to geting a cam i would say u would want to do a split port swap(that alone is about 40hp) and maby some p&p work in them to get a real bang for ur buck.

and like omz said a cam is cing of a last thing that helps tie evry thing together. so what r ur plans for ur car.

also if u have any more spicific questions fell fre to pm me. i have been doing a lot of reserch on cams as of late (mostly n/a split ports)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If your going to cam it
get a new intake but go with the windstar upper. it flows much better
get the cylinders worked on and then cam it.

ps.
i wonder why there isnt really any other options in heads out there.

it bothers me

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
If your going to cam it
get a new intake but go with the windstar upper. it flows much better
get the cylinders worked on and then cam it.

ps.
i wonder why there isnt really any other options in heads out there.

it bothers me
why would you get the cylinders works on?:confused:

also we have mild porting, fully ported, CNC ported, big valve heads

what more could you want?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I would recommend Delk Performance or Supersix instead because their supplier is CompCams. Also, I would recommend having them spec the cam rather than telling them what cam you want.
SSMs uses delta

edit:

they also have comp... nvm

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I would still suggest going to RPM0Mustangs either way... you get more ****, you save a ton of money and they have just as reliable products...

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2007catrev3Cams.pdf - $640 and you still have to get gaskets and supplies

Delk Performance - $360 and they don't even sell the better springs that you will need so you have to go some where else for those

Redlined Performance Mustangs :: Engine Components :: Camshaft Kit - $320 then you can start piecing together everything you need...

me i would run rpm-mustangs cam in my car

1 - 20 of 43 Posts