9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my motor is apart im waiting on parts and i still havent picked out a cam
what is your opinion with
tfs 1
e303
steeda 18
afm n41
or any others its going to be with stock pistons and ive got 1.7's but i will buy new 1.6's if i need to so which cam is the best?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the F303 in my 5.0 with stock bottom end and it runs great. But like a lot of people are going to say here is what else you have done to the engine, what’s your budget? And you should get a custom grinned cam for your specific application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock bottom end
k&n
C&L 76mm
bbk 70mm tb
trick flow street upper/lower
30# inj
gasket matched gt40 irons
lt's
off road x
i really just want an off the shelf cam
i also am thinking about selling the gt40's and getting twisted wedge is it worth the price to get tw or keep the gt40's how much power difference?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Twisted wedge heads will flow better, I am not sure of the power difference. (I am sure someone will be able to tell you on here) If you are thanking of going trick flow then go with the trick flow cams. Probably the stage 1 cam. Hear is a link showing the specs between your heads and the trick flow heads along with a couple more.

5.0L Cylinder Heads

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
injectors are too big use 24's and a tfs1 is a nice off the shelve cam. i would put 150 bux in the gt 40's with larger valves the TB could be a 65mm as well

stock bottom end
k&n
C&L 76mm
bbk 70mm tb
trick flow street upper/lower
30# inj
gasket matched gt40 irons
lt's
off road x
i really just want an off the shelf cam
i also am thinking about selling the gt40's and getting twisted wedge is it worth the price to get tw or keep the gt40's how much power difference?

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
30's are not to big, he has the MAF and everything else to support his flowrate of the injectors. A TFS Stage II cam would be good or you can op in for a real cam like the Comp THumper Cam. That's the one i'm getting for my 5.0 to replace the f303 cam.

Hey dag545 the F303 cam has a good power band. I like how my rpms dramatically increase after 1500. After that range, it just races across. But the thumper cam would make a hell of a difference.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
trickflow stage one would probly be good like vfast said....or posibly the stage two

·
Registered
102 Posts
30's are not to big, he has the MAF and everything else to support his flowrate of the injectors. A TFS Stage II cam would be good or you can op in for a real cam like the Comp THumper Cam. That's the one i'm getting for my 5.0 to replace the f303 cam.

Hey dag545 the F303 cam has a good power band. I like how my rpms dramatically increase after 1500. After that range, it just races across. But the thumper cam would make a hell of a difference.
Is that right!! I like mine to. I haven’t looked too much into the thumpers just installed the f303 not too long ago. Keep us up to date with your cam install, I would like to know the difference between the two.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Is that right!! I like mine to. I haven’t looked too much into the thumpers just installed the f303 not too long ago. Keep us up to date with your cam install, I would like to know the difference between the two.
Yep, not having this car for a month yet which cam with an F303 cam, I will keep it for now because I love that ummpphh it's got after 1500. I do plan to order a thumper cam within a couple weeks.. I'm trying to look for the part number of the one i'm gettin.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
CCA-35-602-8

It's that one but doesen't list the one from the book so I found something very very close. If not, I will be getting a lunati 283*-292* 480 lift cam

·
Registered
396 Posts
so this is a little off topic but i will put up a video of what my custom grind sounds like at an idle cause my camera sucks and cant pick up anything when i rev.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Comp Thumper Cam - Part #: 249-35-600-8 :: 283*/303* .531"/.515"

That's the actual one I am getting

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Will you have piston to valve problems with that cam?
Don't think so. I was staying within range of the Z Cam or which ever of those Ford 303 cams that had the biggest lift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts