Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy i know has a camaro rs 1990 something idk its a nice car but he thinks he can take me he only has a catback and a intake filter not the hole cai itself,....i got a mac cat back with flowmaster original 40s mac cai bbk headers and thats it,....can i take him

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you'll make him look stupid

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Read the bulletins
This does not belong here at all.

please work with us to post stuff where it belongs

·
Registered
817 Posts
^^^^ lol when u pass him don't forget to point and laugh!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Is this a V6 or V8 i know that 305 isnt much and its older but i dont think you will spank him..imo should be close.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Is this a V6 or V8 i know that 305 isnt much and its older but i dont think you will spank him..imo should be close.
rs is the v6 after 1975 i believe maybe 78, and he would spank a 2000 rs and early 90 will be slaughter a 2000 civic would spank it

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i say close race the chevy 3.8's have more power then the ford 3.8s

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i say close race the chevy 3.8's have more power then the ford 3.8s
anything pre98 would have about 60 less than him weigh about 300 more than him, and even one of the 200hp ones would be beat they were made way to econo-minded from factory, now they take mods very well but an early 90s shouldn't give him a problem

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
rs is the v6 after 1975 i believe maybe 78, and he would spank a 2000 rs and early 90 will be slaughter a 2000 civic would spank it
The RS got the v6..3.1 or a V8 5.0 305 I had one back in HS when i was looking through all the autotraders that **** use to confuse me..i use to know all the yrs and engines..like i think in 88 is when the iroc got the 350 and than the rs came with an opt of v6 or v8..?? could be way off there but i know for sure that not all rs's are v6..*the 4th gen camaro rs are v6 tho...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if the camaro rs was a 2000 it would take him and it would just straight rape the poor civic

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why does it matter if its a 2000? different engine im guessing

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
why dont you just race him and find out? i think its funny how often people post on these forums "will i be able to take this car" blah blah, just grow some balls and race him, if he beats you, big deal, a close to stock v6 wont beat everything, so instead of trying to look unstoppable all the time by picking out cars u can beat and to keep your "record" undefeated, just race for the fun of it, winning or losing, its just a race

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if the camaro rs was a 2000 it would take him and it would just straight rape the poor civic

your stupid, they run high 16s almost 17s, i ran them in my my mustang auto when it was stock and they are an easy kill, they arent tuned well, they dont put the power down, stock for stock the mustang will take it. HP doesnt win races.

The RS got the v6..3.1 or a V8 5.0 305 I had one back in HS when i was looking through all the autotraders that **** use to confuse me..i use to know all the yrs and engines..like i think in 88 is when the iroc got the 350 and than the rs came with an opt of v6 or v8..?? could be way off there but i know for sure that not all rs's are v6..*the 4th gen camaro rs are v6 tho...
I know the original rs's were a choice but I think when they brought back the z28 package in the late 70s early 80s that changed there could have been some roll over years im not 100% but every 3rd and 4th gen maro rs ive seen has been a 6

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
your stupid, they run high 16s almost 17s, i ran them in my my mustang auto when it was stock and they are an easy kill, they arent tuned well, they dont put the power down, stock for stock the mustang will take it. HP doesnt win races.
that response was just plain immature. and stock, a 98+ 3.8l camaro rs runs a 15.5. so ya it would beat a slight bolt on v6 mustang

·
Registered
685 Posts
why dont you just race him and find out? i think its funny how often people post on these forums "will i be able to take this car" blah blah, just grow some balls and race him, if he beats you, big deal, a close to stock v6 wont beat everything, so instead of trying to look unstoppable all the time by picking out cars u can beat and to keep your "record" undefeated, just race for the fun of it, winning or losing, its just a race
+1 just race hm win or loose so whatif you do loose its not a big of a deal just race for fun and for the love of the sport

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
that response was just plain immature. and stock, a 98+ 3.8l camaro rs runs a 15.5. so ya it would beat a slight bolt on v6 mustang

show me one? the comment may have been immature but it was a joke, but you are wrong here I've seen it 100 times ive raced plenty of them stock for stock the camaro will loose it has abeen a debate on here many times and the 98+ firebird/camaro will loose to a 99+ mustang, they weigh more and put a little less hp to the ground,

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
let me go look up the 1/4 mile times, give me a sec

k- i couldnt find a 1/4 mile time for the 98+ gm 3800 camaro but for the 95 gm 3800 camaro, i found that they run a 15.7. i think that would beat a light bolt on v6 mustang. maybe the camaros youve raced were automatics or bad shifters? not trying to knock you down if it seems like that :sorry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts