Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my friend just leased one and he took me for a spin and it was amazing. everything about (performance wise) was pretty mind blowing. has anyone else ridden or drove in one yet?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have not, I love the looks of them, but in almost every mag. I have read they are not that impressive tho. performance wise

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
they're fast, but i've driven faster. i think someone on here said that the autos dyno at like 325rwhp and the six speeds dyno at 360/380rwhp? they're definitely nice cars, though.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
There was a bone stock 6 speed V8 model at the race track when I was there. He ran 14.2 most of the day, then got it down to 14.0, then finally when it cooled off later on in the day it went a 13.8. Not really "that" impressive. But who knows how well he could drive it..

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Nice cars, but not much faster than the 4th gen f-bodies.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
not a fan really. don't think they look all that great and they're pretty heavy.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I dont think they look THAT bad, I've seen worst cars out there

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Of course there are uglier cars out there. I just think that Chevy dropped the ball with them. The C6 Corvette is a beautiful car, the Camaro just looks disproportioned. It's just something about it that doesn't look right, that and the interior looks like dog ****.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think they look decent but the fact theyre barely, if at all, faster than an ls1 f-body is pathetic

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah their nice but performance wise not so great I beat a full exhaust, intake and on nitto's with no problem! I'd go for a corvette instead of paying 42k for a camaro.

·
So Smart I'm Rotardary!
4,669 Posts
They are ok. One of my coworkers got an SS. To me, it looks kinda boring from the side. The rear has nothing going on. I got to drive it. Its cool and all, but i still felt a bit dissappointed. Also, the car is waaaay too quiet. It sounds quiet when it starts, quiet idle, quiet when you get on it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Saw a '10 at the track last week running 13.0's stock at 111mph.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I personally like them, and think Chevy hit the nail on the head with it. Although I still prefer a 2011 Mustang GT :D!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i personally cant stand them and cant wait to bus the **** out of them!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I actually like the body. I'm a fan of the retro look that all the muscle cars are adopting. While i like the body, i'm unimpressed performance wise. They're unnecessarily heavy and relatively slow given the amount of power that they produce. Given the choice, I'd save up an extra 10k and go with a better looking, better performing vette, but then again who wouldn't?

What bugs me the most is how fascinated people are by them. Like i previously mentioned, i've joined the masses in praising the body work, but i see the car for what it is. The worst part to me are their interiors, they look cheap to say the very least. The instrument clusters look like a cheap plastic. I'd say that this was a result of rushing production, but we saw a prototype nearly 3 years before the actual release so that cant be the case. Chevy should have paid more attention to the details.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
The more I learn about the 4th-gen F-body (especially the LS1 cars) the more I'm impressed by them. Everything I want to do to my car is STOCK on the Camaro.

However, with the 5th gens, it's exactly the opposite. I like the styling, and it's a fantastic motor, but nothing else seems to be that great. The only thing I think it has over the S197 is the motor.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are ok. One of my coworkers got an SS. To me, it looks kinda boring from the side. The rear has nothing going on. I got to drive it. Its cool and all, but i still felt a bit dissappointed. Also, the car is waaaay too quiet. It sounds quiet when it starts, quiet idle, quiet when you get on it.
yea they should have made it have a louder exhaust.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
yea they should have made it have a louder exhaust.
In my mind you can never be too loud. Unfortunately not everyone feels the same way you and I do. Some of these old farts want the quite and comfort of a new car and are more than satisfied with stock performance. That's why the aftermarket was invented. For sick individuals like us!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts