Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, took the car to the shop today and got new Steering Rack bushing installed (Offset due to the lowering) and a front end alignment. The shop called me sayin that the alignment was off due to the lowering, but they could get it closer to perfect with "Camber Bolts" which were $23 each. I told them go for it.

The shop then told me that the alignment was now perfect on the front. I can even notice the tires are straight insted of showing a toe at the bottom. My questions is; Does it remove my need for Caster Camber Plates?

My understanding is that the plates help with getting the tires aligned after a lowering job. However, these Camber Bolts they added made the alignment perfect... so is there any need for them now?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
No essentially the camber bolts did the same thing. The caster/camber kits have more adj.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well good deal then. The Bolts were $46... alot cheaper than plates. The front tires look better now also. They are straight instead of to bottom poking out.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
camber bolts work. did you get a print out with that alignment? curious as to were they set camber.camber plates will also allow you to move the caster back some.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, no print out. Never gotten a print out when I got an alignment acually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts