Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am having trouble trying to figure out which way to install the rubber peice the dust cover fits on and how many spacers to run on the strut shafts. I have MM camber caster plates, MM tube A arms, qa1 coilover kit with 12 inch springs 200lb, and fox body Lakewood struts. It is lowered probably 2 inches. The bearing cap was hitting the bottom of the caster plate making noise and the spring was rubbing the strut while running without that rubber piece.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know with my SR coilovers and MM CC plates, I dont use the rubber bump stop. I use a solid milled piece, probably aluminium, that I bought from MM for use with Eibach coilovers. It comes with the solid bump stop, and a new top plate/bearing. I also bought a tool from mm that bends the rail running under the strut tower, making more room for suspension travel without anything binding up.

My car is also 2 inches dropped, and I use only one spacer on top, the thickest spacer that was included. The instructions made it seem like I needed more, but I physically couldnt get more to fit, I had alot of trouble threading the top nut. The SR coilovers are different than the QA1s so that may not apply to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts