Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What up everyone. Took the Bullitt to the local track today, great weather and density. It was my first time using slicks. I was hoping for 12's and I can't say I'm not satisfied with what I ran...
13.014 @ 105.34 MPH. As you can see/hear the 3.27's are really dogging the car down lol. It's real hard to get a good launch, cause it'll bog if you don't ride the clutch out.
The second run was a 13.04 @ 105.8x. My final run I ran the 13.014, and was finally getting the launch corrected with a 1.74 60ft. All 3 of my runs were in the 13.0x range
and 105 mph. I was consistent, but slow lol.

I really need some LCA/UCA's and some 4.10's now. I'll have to see if I can get those on during the Vortech build this summer. Please give me some
recommendations of good rear drag setup. I'm thinking Strange Shocks, UPR Solid LCA/UCA, & Spherical bushings.

First run In-car, 1.81 60ft. Bogged bad.
Luckily the seat didn't break off

2nd run, 1.74 60ft. against a Badass Marauder.

Also, my pops came out with his 07 GT500 (bolt-ons), he wanted to see what it could do with some traction, so we slapped my Hoosiers on the rear and ran a couple times.
The suspension is ALL stock except for Eibach lowering springs. It also has a 3.31 rear gear, but has the power to get out the hole, unlike the puny 2v. Bested a 11.37 @ 121.22mph with a 1.68 60ft.

Here's a video of the second run, 11.5 @ 117mph

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Very nice! It's great you and your Dad can enjoy going to the track together. Oh when you get those 4.10's you better have your hand on that shifter when you launch. The 1-2 shift comes very fast!!!!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man! 105mph is a quick trap. I think you can knock those 60's down big with some gear. 4.10's I think you can go 12.7's

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! It's great you and your Dad can enjoy going to the track together. Oh when you get those 4.10's you better have your hand on that shifter when you launch. The 1-2 shift comes very fast!!!!
Yeah 4.10 is alotta gear, 3.90's might be better with a mid 400whp setup.

Very nice man! 105mph is a quick trap. I think you can knock those 60's down big with some gear. 4.10's I think you can go 12.7's
Thanks, I think they'd help alot with the launch and trap speed also.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yeah 4.10 is alotta gear, 3.90's might be better with a mid 400whp setup.

Thanks, I think they'd help alot with the launch and trap speed also.
4.10's are perfect for a blower or N2O set up. Turbo not so.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Nice runs. you will love the 4.10s

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got everything except slicks, but I'm working on it
Yep got to get those man, the slicks are my favorite mod so far. They really make launching a stick car so much more fun and easier than a DR/street tire. Only real downside is the swaying side to side, on the big end is pretty scary, when trap speeds are 120mph+.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
if you stretch a slick they dont sway as much. if you look at the 10.5w guys, there tires are stretched.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yep got to get those man, the slicks are my favorite mod so far. They really make launching a stick car so much more fun and easier than a DR/street tire. Only real downside is the swaying side to side, on the big end is pretty scary, when trap speeds are 120mph+.
With 4.10s, I'm thinking of going with a 275/60/15 (26"x11") ET Street on a 15x8 wheel, since I don't plan on trapping above 115.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I think 4.10 Might be too much for turbo bro
Maybe 3.55

Chill out, its the internet bro!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Good runs. I cant wait to get my cams and install them.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I'm going Centri, so 4.10's should be good. You are right tho, a stick turbo doesn't need much gear.
Sorry my bad, I misunderstood

Chill out, its the internet bro!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.