Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has close to 171,000kms on it, (probably more like 169,000kms due to the 3.73's... ) . I'm ordering MAC exhaust,tuner, and a JLT cold air intake, and then some suspension mods.

After all of this, cams and heads come into play; since my Mustang is getting older, and it scares me to see higher mileage, although most of you probably think 169,000kms isn't that much for a Mustang..you're probably right.. haha.

I'm boosting by next summer, so which kinds of cams and heads would go best with boost?

Videos would be pretty sweet too...... :eek:

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
this is my car with blower and blower cams. I have some stage 2 heads waiting to be installed. There was a guy that ran these cams for a while without a blower and they worked really well. These are Houston Performance S292 Blower Cams.

[ame=http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff340/bakerfx4/?action=view&current=MVI_0858.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is my car with blower and blower cams. I have some stage 2 heads waiting to be installed. There was a guy that ran these cams for a while without a blower and they worked really well. These are Houston Performance S292 Blower Cams.

Damn that sounds good man! :D

I guess I could always get the boost, and then install the cams and heads..

Obviously I'd go with pretty safe boost until I beef the engine up a bit.

I can't wait !

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
just blower cams and a blower will be enough to rip your motor apart dude

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Not to thread jack, but Baker, I like that GT emblem in the grille...that's pretty slick, and I've never seen another one like that. Nice job!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to thread jack, but Baker, I like that GT emblem in the grille...that's pretty slick, and I've never seen another one like that. Nice job!

THREAD JACKERRRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

hahaha jk man. :D

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
THREAD JACKERRRRRR!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

hahaha jk man. :D
Haha it's all good bro. Seriously though, never seen it, love it. It's unique and adds personality- but that's all I have, back to the thread!

But I would suggest putting the blower on first, personally, just for the immediate gain achieved. Heads, though, can always help- I'm not sure if he still has em', but I remember Baker having some Patriot heads for cheap, and that would be a nice gain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts