Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it goen,I have an 01' GT 2v with a spec billet alum. flywheel,spec stg. 1 clutch,tri-ax sts,3.73's,flow's,and a drop in k&n filter.I have underdrive pulley's,programmer,t.b.,and plenum on the way.After that i was planning on shorty headers,x-pipe,and cai.i was wondering what kind of cams would b good for this set up?,I was looking at stg 2 n/a crower cams with new valve springs and retianers.Would there b any problems if I was to get the cams b4 upgrading the exhuast?And what kind of gains could i expect?Any info would b great....

In the future I plan to build and install a custom remote mount twin turbo system and after that install a built longblock and all supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i would get a custom cam if your planing on FI, acmiller can prob hook u up, because you want a cam that will complement the turbo, and if your going with a turbo i would get long tube headers, unless your worried about inspection, and i dont think cams before exhaust or vice versa will hurt you any at all, and welcom to the site:cool:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
you cant get long tubes with a turbo because they come with their own turbo headers.. and it seems like the turbos and long block is a ways away from you to get so get teh stage 2 crowers the 62801-2.. i am about to get these exact cams.. the closest you can get without PTV.. and they say it will make very good numbers and no you wont have a problem but it is best you get exhaust first so that everything can breath.. plus for you can hear that bad azz cam:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I install long tube headers,,installing cams is a waste of money and time .unless u do heads..stock pistons are crap... that my opinion....

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the stock pistons are hypereutectic and hold up pretty well. the VE of the head regulates how much power the 2v's will hold. they are made of the same material that the mach's, pre termi cobra's, etc have. they have ran them 500rwhp in a DD set up without any issues at all. i have ran them in a couple builds on other cars that put down more power without any issues either. you will gain without any head porting at all, just that you would get more with head work done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and quick response guys.and to give a quick reply to slow02gt,i could use Lt's because i'm putting together(of course they only make a system for 05' and up stang's)a remote/rear mount twin turbo system.The turbo's would take place of the mufflers instead of the headers,to get a better picture of what i mean look up ststurbo's.com.I'm just not sure if the extra money,power gaines,and work will be worth getting Lt's over tuned length shorty's.I no the sound will be a lil different but im not trying to wake up the entire block coasting,and im kinda goen for a sleeper.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
i heard that rear mount or ok but dont do it if the car your have now is a DD... not to friendly to rain and other stuff that they WILL hit just to let you know... just get you a single helllion kit.. i say single is better because cheaper and alot less hassel when it comes to getting it to and maintance... just my opinon..

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
oh yeah and i have the hook up at a place in houston that builds all there turbo kits and uses turbonetic turbos and they finance;) if yall credit is that good.. a very good friend is a mechanic there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts