Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am staying N/A can anyone help with a good setup and all the things I will need to complete i.e. tune ect... I want pretty lopey cam and I want to bore .2 over. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
No clue about bore, but I think ModularPowerHouse has a 302 stroker block you could pick up. As far as heads and cams go, you can't go wrong with patriots but the trickflows seem to be getting big gains. They are pricey and I'm not a fan of trickflow but they might be worth doing some research on. Everyone seems to like comp cams' XE270AH, I've never seen a dyno graph with these installed but people say good things about them. I personally am going with a set of Cushman (CMS) stage II's because they make a very smooth curve that seems to practically never drop off. Imo stay away from hitechs and you're good. Tuning is simple, just grab a diablosport or sct tuner from Ford Mustang Chips & Mustang Tuners at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! and have it tuned by a reputable shop. Best of luck with the build!:D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
whats the budget? what kind of power do you want to make? is this a daily driver? is this a long term project car or do you want something that can be done quickly with little room for change? what are you expecting and what are your goals?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Fyi, CMS's are quite lopey :cool: Google video search some different types of cams stage II's are always going to have the most "lope." For better search results on the CMS's try searching cushman motorsports or "VT cams" as they are commonly referred to as such.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the thing is deciding to stay N/A or go boost so I am trying to see the cost but I think that for the cost for cams and such I could buy a SC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Supercharging a stock setup will get you up to 400-450HP ~9PSI
if you go N/A then you're talking a lot more bolt-ons to get around 400-450HP
Personally IMHO the supercharger is a lil pricey but the kit is everything you need.
If you go N/A you have a lot more add-ons that you have to make sure they are compatible with the other mods. Seems like having a lot of mismatched parts is easier for something to not work correctly or to it's full potentional.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
I am staying N/A can anyone help with a good setup and all the things I will need to complete i.e. tune ect... I want pretty lopey cam and I want to bore .2 over. Thanks for the help.
depends on what kind of $$$ you want to spend. what overall goal?

No clue about bore, but I think ModularPowerHouse has a 302 stroker block you could pick up. As far as heads and cams go, you can't go wrong with patriots but the trickflows seem to be getting big gains. They are pricey and I'm not a fan of trickflow but they might be worth doing some research on. Everyone seems to like comp cams' XE270AH, I've never seen a dyno graph with these installed but people say good things about them. I personally am going with a set of Cushman (CMS) stage II's because they make a very smooth curve that seems to practically never drop off. Imo stay away from hitechs and you're good. Tuning is simple, just grab a diablosport or sct tuner from Ford Mustang Chips & Mustang Tuners at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! and have it tuned by a reputable shop. Best of luck with the build!:D
patriots are ok, but not the best. strokers are ok, but would only stary street orientated. cms cams are not my favorite, but are for some people. stay away from hitechs? whats wrong with them??? personally, i think they are a hell of a lot better than cms in most applications. as for the tuner, you are right and wrong. dont just go buy something, he needs to buy what the tuner uses to tune with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
FRPP site has an aluminum 4.6 block bored with 3.7" bore making it 5.0 block. Sean hyland has a forged rotating assembly that works with 3.7" bore stock stroke. Lumpy cams check out compcams either XE270AH or XE274H (rough idle like hot rod) or XE278AH (street/strip rough idle)

·
Registered
968 Posts
whats wrong with hitechs? im looking into doing cams and i was leaning towards hitechs. they claim to get 300rwhp with the cams. Hitech Ford 4.6 / 5.4 2V N/A Stage 2 Camshafts [Hitech2061] - $599.00 : Hitech Motorsport Inc, Performance EFI Tuning / EFI Dyno Tuning Experts - Elk River, Minnesota - Midwest Region theres a dyno sheet. the car made 318 with bolt ons. also do you need to get new timing chaings and tensioners when i do the cams?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts