Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PME
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking into getting some cams for my 97 cobra, was wondering if yall know of a good set and price range, or just put link up. Appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Dozens of different cams, depends on your goals for the car. Be assuming $1200+ new for cams

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You might get more hits in the 4v section. But really depends on what you are trying to do with the car. And yea, looking at over 1k for em and then other goods you might wanna renew while youre in there.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Expensive project there. But i hear good things about Comp Cams

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Dude if your gonna do it right its gonna be alittle bit more than just cams... I have also been thinking of doing this. Me I can afford the cams right now but its the new timing chains, guides, valve sealse and springs that eat you. I mean if your in there you better do it because those are always the weaker links in our cars.. I would strongly consider these for the life of the motor.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
timing chain set is $250ish, valve job prolly $250ish, springs $200ish

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Crower makes some good offerings . and no thats more like 450ish 450ish and 450ish ... double the cost of 2v parts due to double the parts. most cams will be around 1200-1500 bucks. crower stage 3 are nice. depends on your needs.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I stand corrected, yes double the valves and springs. Timing set still around $250, and my buddy just paid $400 for a valve job on his 98 cobra

·
PME
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea also going to do something with the heads, valve springs etc. Just wanted some opinions on cams. Also thanks for the feedback guys. Helped a lot. And yea I've heard some good things about the Comp Cams as well. Yea def gonna be expensive, thats why im waiting till I find a great job like welding or something. I expected it to be alot

·
PME
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea know a couple people with crower cams also. They like em. Want close to 600hp after I do the heads, valves, cams, etc. But I also might get a loud Vortech also down the road. And a little bigger too.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
you wont even get in the ball park of 600 without FI....unless you got butt-tons of cash floating around

·
PME
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but thats when i get money of course, lots of money. And ain't no job hiring right now to get me that kinda money

·
Registered
380 Posts
thats why im waiting till I find a great job like welding or something. I expected it to be alot
Welding is not a great job . It sux nasty charted ass crack .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts