Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a set of cams for the 2001 mustang Gt if so who?
and what power gains am i looking at ?

I cant seem to find any on the sites i have seen .:mad:

·
Registered
210 Posts
comp, crower, crane or local speedshops can custom grind you one many options power gains depend on how aggresive the cams are but really would suggest getting the heads ported when you get cams cause they will charge around 800-1000 to install them. You will see best gains if your heads are ported but you could expect 15-20rwp maybe 25-30 from cams alone but like I said depends on how aggresive you go. I would say it would cost you around $1500 to purchase and install cams.

·
Registered
806 Posts
several companies sell cams.

you must tell us your goals, how much you want to spend etc for us to help you choose one

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if your looking for a nice, relatively mild cam that will give you some extra ponies and don't need a whole lot of other modification, i would suggest the COMP 262. i put that in my 02 gt and loved it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if your looking for a nice, relatively mild cam that will give you some extra ponies and don't need a whole lot of other modification, i would suggest the COMP 262. i put that in my 02 gt and loved it.
:)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
well, what do you know, im selling some Brand New in BOx Comp 262's...PM if youre interested.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
there should be a good cam sticky....
Good Idea.
now find out all the different variables for each motor.. mod/pushrod/v6/2v/4v
and the suggested prices and the pros and cons and weather you will need new parts to go along with them and make a post and It will get stickied :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Good Idea.
now find out all the different variables for each motor.. mod/pushrod/v6/2v/4v
and the suggested prices and the pros and cons and weather you will need new parts to go along with them and make a post and It will get stickied :)
well...... mabey i will........ :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts