1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,

...just saw these videos on youtube:

and MySteed's stang:

......I love that awesome idle sound of the cams.. can you tell me the pros and cons of cams like the stangs got in the video?

at the moment I dont know the specs.. but its possible to have cams like the stang got for my car (1998 3.8v6 auto) DAILYDRIVE - without modding anything else (I just have a mac catback)?

and how much for these things, where to get??

thanks from Germany :rolleyes::cool:

-Kev

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
no real disadvantage to cams, but if you get them might as well get upper and lower intakes and p&P heads at the same time

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
and remember when you replace your cam you need to replace your lifters as well...and like GF said..you might as well do some other work while your at it.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
and remember when you replace your cam you need to replace your lifters as well...and like GF said..you might as well do some other work while your at it.
you have to replace you springs, your lifters ar not a necesity to be cahnged

the only real disadvanteg to doing a cam swap is that it is a lot of work. because you have to remove your intake and heads to do it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might need a stall converter also depending on how big the cam is since its auto.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
You might need a stall converter also depending on how big the cam is since its auto.
+1 very good info, i forgot about that,

and welcome to MM

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
there is a little more work that goes into a cam then one might think... a cam is a finishing modification... its one of those things you do when you are wrapping up a project, after you do exhaust and intake and things like that... that way you can get something more specific for your application...

Im not saying that its not possible, but thats what it usually is done as....

Also note that the heads on your mustang don't flow that much air and putting in a cam would just be a waste of money and time with the lack of power our cars have

1 - 8 of 8 Posts