Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made an agreement with a guy on selling my car. He doesn't want my comp cams and said he would only buy it if I switched the stock cams back in. I don't really want to do this but with the amount of money hes giving me for the car to switch em I am gonna go ahead and do it. My question is this- When I installed my comp cams I cannot remember for the life of me if I put the stock cams into the right boxes for the proper side. Is there a way to tell which side which cam goes in?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would just tell him the stock ones are back in. Maybe raise the idle a pinch so it doesn't lope as much.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tell him that you threw your stock cam away?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well he wasn't going to buy it because of the cams and I told him I still had the stockers and would switch them back in for a grand more than I was asking for it and he said he'd do it.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Well he wasn't going to buy it because of the cams and I told him I still had the stockers and would switch them back in for a grand more than I was asking for it and he said he'd do it.
1k more to lose power and the not have the nice lope of a cam :crazy Who would pay for that? :dunno

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
What is this guy smoking?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy is odd thats for sure. I was hoping the 1k price increase would convince him to let me leave the cams in. didn't work but on the plus side i get an extra grand

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are you sure this guy isn't just trolling you to do all that work then back out? What kind of cams?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I would ask for the 1k as a nonrefundable deposit before i changed cams/tune imo
+1 dont do work for something he hasnt payed you for, and have it on paper and have him sign it just in case he trys to back out

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
^im with these guy's there's no way in hell im doing all that work for some asshat to back out at the last second.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
haha if you do take the cams out, wanna sell them?:)

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
wait a minute...lol Johnny, what the hell are you thinking? I'd leave the cams in it and tell the guy to get over it...I'm still looking for a car on here and everywhere else but I haven't found what I want...Hell man...I'll let you put the cams in my car if you do take them out

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh hell theres no way i would be doing it without a deposit-nonrefundable of course. He gave me 500 down which is fine with me. Josh-I would man but i think imma keep em for the next car. maybe yours haha

they are comp 268ah-originally for a non pi motor but sound good none the less.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
oh hell theres no way i would be doing it without a deposit-nonrefundable of course. He gave me 500 down which is fine with me. Josh-I would man but i think imma keep em for the next car. maybe yours haha

haha...well why not go ahead and put them in mine then?

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
That guy is retardeeeeeeeed.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

arent those a touch smaller lift wise than the stock PI cams?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
josh- I'll put them in yours when your car is mine lol

and ya the lift is like .002 less or something like that. I only got them basically just for that lope.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
josh- I'll put them in yours when your car is mine lol

and ya the lift is like .002 less or something like that. I only got them basically just for that lope.
bastard...lol it's cool I guess..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts