Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i need help..
will it be ok if i install FRPP hot rod cams with stock heads
2008 Mustang GT
I would go ahead and upgrade your valve springs...better yet get new CNC heads with those new springs.

most sites will let you know if their cams will need a spring upgrade, but if you have the know how I would do it anyways.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have ran a set of custom grind comp thumpr cams for near 40k miles, daily driver, stock heads and springs. You will be fine. Just gotta go to a good tuner around there (If I were in Houston I would use Patrick at PSI in Webster)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Are you guys joking.....5 threads from 20gt08 and cale says you need new springs and heads for NSR cams.........
I'm saying if he wants to get the most out of whatever cams he gets then he might want to look into a set of heads. In another thread he's talking about different types of cams and people are telling him about the ones they have so assuming he hasn't made his up his mind yet he should look at whether he would need springs with the ones he gets.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
roger that, then your good man, it will run fine with stock heads, just get a good tune and have fun......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts