Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals I'm new to the mod motor sceen and love the old traditional lumppty lump sound of the old school 5.0's with the b303 cam, I have a s/c 4.6 and I'm looking to maybe toss some cams in for that sound, give me some vids and cam specs to give me a starting point on what I would like to do. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
ac is n/a though, cet2kill needs some nice blower cams.. im sure ac could hook him up with a setup though

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh btw it's a twin screw if it makes much differance on cam profile.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not looking at a really rough idle just a small hint, stock are too smooth for my liking, I just want a little lump.
:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I agree it hard to get that"sound" with a blower grind because of the lsa required,you can tell I have cams in mine(stage 3's) but it is not too radical sounding,but boy does the car rock and roll.stuff rattles that never did before. don't know if my dig. camera can record sound for very long or quality,but I will try

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Man, it will be damn near impossible to get the sound you're looking for and maintain power with a FI application. The sound comes from overlap, and that is something you don't need/want....

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
You could possibly get away with a little more duration than these camshafts have. However, if you lengthen the duration, you are going to have to stay with a 115degree lobe seperation to avoid bleeding boost into your exhaust.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
the vt's(cms) stage 3's are 238/242 and 115 lsa. and when you hit around 3800 rpm at wot(9 psi) they come on strong,feels like a centri.and I have felt no loss,actually gained power,from 2000 rpm(the lowest I will go to wot)
Jim seems to know his **** on cams. I have searched through his cams looking at different profiles and such. They look very sound. Although, I don't know what kind of ramp rates he is using.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, it will be damn near impossible to get the sound you're looking for and maintain power with a FI application. The sound comes from overlap, and that is something you don't need/want....
Well hell I guess I will have to swap in a 5.0 JK, Iwill have to see if my curent s/c setup will tide me over, I haven't had it on the street yet, but I just hate the stock idle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts