Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I ran across a set of crower stage 2 cams for sale were the seller said he used stock springs. My ? Is is that even possible without running into a ton of valve float or are the stock springs really that good? The [email protected] was 203 212 and lift was 559/570.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
dont quote me on this but our stock springs are only good to either .530 or .550 ( I dont remeber which if either lol) before they bind or **** the bed lol

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^ true... crowers are known for a **** ton of lift so i doubt stock springs are do able..

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
cams

^^ true... crowers are known for a **** ton of lift so i doubt stock springs are do able..

been doing some research myself hitech's stage 2 cams are 550/500 and anything above those specs call for better springs because you will need to rev higher to make power, hitech recommends that anything above 6300 you need to upgrade springs so i would do a upgrade if you get them:) that is a quite large cam so he is lucky he had no ptv issues if he is really even telling the truth

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
theres no way he's telling the truth imo.. but i would upgrade springs with ANY aftermarket cams.. even the highteks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
exactly..you may not want a cam that doesnt require a valve springs later..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
stock springs are rated for 550, but they arent made for aggressive cams. crower make a long duration cams or a high ligt cams. the longer duration cams have lower lift so the stockers might hold them

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
but if u were smart u wouldnt trust ur car with "might"!
atleast i wouldnt

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
bahahahaha!
its snuff said:D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^ thats good.. ur friend is dumb.. he'll always have to pay for labor when his breaks down cause he wont know how to fix it.. but u will

1 - 14 of 14 Posts