Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So prior to removing the heads I need a tool, "Camshaft Positioning Tool". From my understanding all this tool does is lock the cams in place so that the cams aren't turned improperly leading to timing issues and various other problems, bent valves... etc. Well I'm still thinking this is a long shot and chances are I'll end up purchasing the tool anyways. Thing is I need two @ almost $40 ea. and it would take 5-10 business days to get here.Anyone think it may be possible to fabricate this same tool on my own? All the tool is, is a straight bar with keys that fit into the rear of the cams.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im not familiar with mod motors but is it possible to take some masking tape and tape off a line and use some spray paint to mark them? it would give you exact lines to line them back up if thats the only requirement.

just an idea? like i said i dont have any experience with these motors so noone rip me apart for this! lol

if i had access to a set i would send them to you to borrow but sadly i dont,sorry.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
there is the lock that go in the back of the cams and there is another lock that go in the middle of the cams as well. if going to make your own, it will be easier to make the one that "sandwiches" the cams and locks them down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
there is the lock that go in the back of the cams and there is another lock that go in the middle of the cams as well. if going to make your own, it will be easier to make the one that "sandwiches" the cams and locks them down.
:sorryshows how much i know......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't aware of the second type the go in the middle of the cams. Which method would be the "Sandwhich"?

:sorryshows how much i know......:rolleyes:
Your idea wasn't a bad one. Actually one that was considered.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
169 Posts
did you ever figure anything out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts