Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I found this cam and lifters at a garage sale and I was wondering if it would fit my 84 mustang. I bought it for $5 BTW.

Its for a 1963 small block Ford 289/302. It was still in the box with the bubble wrap and everything and the lifters were in tiny sealed packages.

Its a Sig Erson Camshaft with a .376 duration and .500 lift.

Would it fit my 84 mustang?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Haha. 376 duration is impressive. Where did they find the xtra 16 degrees?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It would start to open the valve before it closes. Exponentially opening the valve further and further before the valve opens each rotation b

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha.Those were just estimates.

I found out today what the #'s actually were from Sig Erson. It's a 0.504 Lift intake and exhuast, 0.296 Duration, Duration at 0.500 cam lift is 0.228 and the lobe seperation of 0.108. NON-Roller cam.

According to the person I talked to at Sig Erson it will fit my car i just have to send it to them, get it re-grinded and they will give me lifters. $50.

Cool Right?

·
Registered
641 Posts
faaakk man.. thats a good ammount of cam.. hope your motor has the supporting mods and compression for it..

·
Banned
3,014 Posts

I found out today what the #'s actually were from Sig Erson. It's a 0.504 Lift intake and exhuast, 0.296 Duration, Duration at 0.500 cam lift is 0.228 and the lobe seperation of 0.108. NON-Roller cam.

Cool Right?
Sick specs....

I need to start yard sellin.....

5 bux for a cam cant beat that.....

Stab that thing in there and let it rip........Holy cow

·
Banned
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, i'm pretty excited to put it in. Hopefully it wont take me a week to do it like last time i put a cam in. That was rough! and hopefully my stock motor can take it! I doubt a intake and custom headers will hold it together but, h*ll if it blows then it needed to be replaced. LOL

I will be sending it off tomorrow to Sig Erson.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

According to the person I talked to at Sig Erson it will fit my car i just have to send it to them, get it re-grinded and they will give me lifters. $50.

Cool Right?

what the **** do they need to regrind it for, 84 is a non roller motor, slide it in, buy the right lifters and go about your business. Right springs and pushrods.

send it to me, ill regrind it for half the price and sprinkle magic racing oil on it for you

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
what the **** do they need to regrind it for, 84 is a non roller motor, slide it in, buy the right lifters and go about your business. Right springs and pushrods.

send it to me, ill regrind it for half the price and sprinkle magic racing oil on it for you
ewwwww... I want said magic racing oil!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts