Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '97 3.8 Mustang just recently threw a rod. I believe due to a problem that happened when it blew a head gasket and was pumping coolant out the tailpipe. A rod must have gotten bent when trying to compress the coolant. That's why I haven't posted in a while. I just recently got another (used) engine from someone who had done the V8 conversion. I got a great deal on it ($300 for the complete engine and auto transmission with 73K miles) so I decided to perk it up a bit. 1st a New head gasket (Fel-Pro multi-layer steel). Then head work (Ports and bowls bored and polished and re-surfacing) Before I put it in I also want to replace the water pump, oil pump, and timing chain setup (To avoid failure and/or catastrophe as these things are a pain to replace while the engine is in the car). I also want to install a mild cam (this is still going to be my daily driver 60 miles round trip to work). What cam would be good to improve performance as well as fuel economy. I plan on keeping the car for a while so any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
-Nathan, MA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts